Too fat to run now

38,881 to 38,900 of 40,127 messages
18/01/2013 at 23:13

You OK Eagle darling?

19/01/2013 at 10:37

No long drive today. It's not worth the risk. We haven't had more snow but what is left is freezing now and it's getting quite skiddy.

Hope everyone else is safe and snug and being sensible.

19/01/2013 at 12:47
Snowing again here limper.
You are correct in not driving, not worth the risk.
Better to snuggle up and watch a good film
19/01/2013 at 14:59

Hi folks. All safe & well here, cancelled the TT/Eagle trot this morning.  Car is tucked up in the garage.  

19/01/2013 at 18:41

Just skidded and tromped my way down the field with the horses. They are like kids with the snow - love it when they first see it and then get bored and fractious when it gets cold and mucky!

It's absolutely freezing here. Limpette actually had to wear Yaktrax to run this morning. I simply didn't bother running.

What film do you recommend then Tippy? Sound of Music maybe?! 

19/01/2013 at 19:23
Evening. Glad you didn't attempt long drive in this weather Limper.

Cold and snowing here. Apart from taking the dogs to the park so they could run around in the snow I haven't gone anywhere. After last nights drive I wasn't attempting another.

Did a workout to my exercise game on X Box Kinnect seeing as couldn't run in the heavy snow.
19/01/2013 at 20:27

limper no lets go for blood and guts. dread is a good on or maybe 300. 

19/01/2013 at 20:37

I'm too old for gore Tippy. I'm more in the 'Exotic Marigold Hotel' age bracket now!

20/01/2013 at 10:33
Morning. How are you all today. Anyone managing to run or is snow to heavy? I was going to head to the gym as too snowy and icy outside but car is dead so have taken battery off and it's charging now. I think pay day def means a new battery.

Dogs will get walk in the park instead.
20/01/2013 at 10:51

that is a good film Limper

hello Speedy, not been out either

20/01/2013 at 11:25

I haven't run but I have done the obligatory 2 hours at the stables. It's so cold.
Yesterday's slush has frozen and we have new snow falling on the ice. 
Limpette is out there running as we speak. Nothing stops her!

Apparently tomorrow is known as 'Blue Monday'. It's meant to be the most depressing day of the year. You have been warned 
Stock up on cake and chocolate today and you should be ok!

20/01/2013 at 13:44
I thought blue Monday was last week?

Nothing seems to stop Limpette. Good for her.

One dog walked. Other two refused to come out and hid behind sofa.
20/01/2013 at 18:42

2.5 mile trot to the gym this morning for body pump & stretch & tone. 

I think that we have got away lightly here in Reading - not too much snow.. 

20/01/2013 at 23:19
Our snow has turned treacherously icy. Was not too easy walking the dogs. I tried to walk mostly on the fresh snow tonight but had a few slips. The dogs of course had no problems but I bet there paws were mighty cold.
21/01/2013 at 06:39

We haven't had any more snow - it's just flippin freezing cold here. And wrapping up warm is a nuisance when combined with the dreaded hot flushes  

21/01/2013 at 09:06

made it in to w**k no problem, cleared the Car Park, now bored, cold and like a caged tiger as missed run 

21/01/2013 at 22:36
Snowed off and on all day. Tried to walk the dogs in between showers but boy was it cold. Snowing again now. One good thing about losing nearly 3st is my big warm padded hooded jacket zips up on my this winter. It hasn't for last couple of years.

Worked out to my x box again today seeing as couldnt get out. Big pan homemade soup all ready for taking some to work tomorrow for my lunch. That is if I get therein the snow.
22/01/2013 at 07:00

Hope your road conditions allow you to get to work Speedy - wouldn't want you to miss out!
Well done for your X-box workouts. I was thinking of firing up the old Wii Fit to see if I could find some core programmes to help with my back pain.

Running still isn't happening here. 3 weeks of next to nothing. I know I'll get time again soon but it's a bit bothersome to be losing strength / fitness. Especially if I want to keep up with Eagle on some hills in a few weeks! 

It tried to do icy snow yesterday but gave up and just carried on freezing. I think we have rain forecast today although it currently feels too cold for that. Nothing surprises me though.

Have a good day my lovelies. Keep warm and safe. Keep smiling!

22/01/2013 at 13:15

Hope to run with RE tonight, we are looking at path conditions 

22/01/2013 at 17:34

Foul weather here. Wet freezing blizzard snow. Evil.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.