Too fat to run now

38,921 to 38,940 of 40,128 messages
27/01/2013 at 19:54

Sneaks head around the door - okay to come in?  

How is everyone doing?

I'm back out running - occasionally!  Did 3.2 miles this evening, now the ice has melted.  Some of the paths were flooded leading to some unexpected hill runs!  

Have decided to go out with a running club tomorrow.  Todays run pace was about 11.5 min/miles - a bit quicker than my norm of 12 min/miles.  Will I be totally out of place?  They assure me it's a run for all levels..........

27/01/2013 at 20:11
Hi Ally. Nice to see you on here again and well done on the run. That's faster than I could go. Good for you.

You will be fine going out with a club. Usually they have different groups or do traIning that everyone can do regardless of pace. My old club from many years ago had really fab training nights and that was when I ran my fastest marathon. Enjoy it and let us know how you get on.
27/01/2013 at 21:11
Evening Ali.
I agree with Speedy, they will look after you
28/01/2013 at 06:31

Hello Ally darling. When are you going to have a coffee down here with me?!
Well done on your weight loss and fitness regime. You have been totally amazing.

Well folks, here we go on another week...
I believe wellies and sou'westers are the clothing of choice this week.  

28/01/2013 at 08:03

Better make sure RE is water proofed, otherwise he will not be able to take off.

28/01/2013 at 13:25

Next time I am down I will let you know hun.

My mum died a few months ago so I have to confess haven't been down as much recently.

Still concerned about this here running club thing tonight - that whole 'I'm not a runner' thing haha.

28/01/2013 at 17:07

Ali I use to look after "i'm not runners" and still do so I know that your Running Club will be very considerate 

28/01/2013 at 17:48

Thanks Tiptoes.  Is 12 minutes /mile too slow?  I know I shouldn't be worried.  I can run 3 miles without stopping.  But it's something new.  Even when I used to 'run' back in the day I would never have considered a running club.  Although, in all fairness, it took me 14min/mile then.

28/01/2013 at 19:00
Ali nope as they will look after you.
PS I do not use the swear word ...lol
28/01/2013 at 21:09

Did you do it then Ally? (the running club thing I mean)

Speedy told me about your mum - I sent you an email but chances are you have a different address now to the one I've got. I am sorry for your loss poppit. (((( )))) 

We are having a bit of a storm down here. Gale force wind and horizontal rain. I fear bots are falling off the lily-pad but I don't want to go outside to look!

28/01/2013 at 21:28
I did Limper.

Went out with their 'step up' group which is a bridge between their beginner course and the social run. They do 2.7Miles. I am a bit of a silly sod and too proud to be far behind so tried to keep up. We did it in 30minutes. Faster than I've ever run before. Couldn't have gone any further I have to say.

They were lovely and the tail runner kept telling me it was okay to slow down etc. my pride however.......
29/01/2013 at 06:30

Ally. You are quite a star aren't you!
Now we just have to work out which of our communal 'events' you are going to come to! I have to say event because if I say race (whoops) Lord Tiptoes will slap my @rse.

On reflection... race race race RACE race race RACE RACE RAAAAAAAACE
....waits expectantly for Tippy to come out from under his duvet.... 

29/01/2013 at 12:18

one is not amused young lady.

Ali: glad all went well 

Now where is that iccle froggie hiding.......

29/01/2013 at 19:10

Norty Limper!

No Tuesday run for TT & RE this evening as I've been 'up the smoke'.

29/01/2013 at 19:14

hahaha Limper - me and event - erm, yeah, not yet!  I have signed up for a 10K on the 10th March.  So far furthest distance was 3.2miles - building up.

Thanks for the encouragement all. 

29/01/2013 at 21:03

Shall I mention that I've slept with Ally?  

You're halfway to your 10k Ally. Doing well girl, doing well.

No run for me today either Eagle. It would have had to be one direction only as there would have been no coming back into the wind.
I reckon the effort of slogging up and down the hoss fields in the floods and mud is reasonable alternative strength training

Gissa hug Tippy. 

29/01/2013 at 21:43

Too late Limper, you have broadcast our secret all over the internet  

29/01/2013 at 22:03

That was some years ago now wasn't it. Crikey.

You alright this week Speedy?

29/01/2013 at 22:58
Evening all. Well done Ally. You are really doing well.

No run here either as too long at work. I am getting really fed up with battling the horrible weather on my drives to and from work. Gales tonight and flooded roads. Struggled to keep car going in a straight line.

Oh and the saga of the crappy car. Now my brake light is on. Tried telling hubby but all he said was 'What do you want me to do about it'. Em look at it for me. That's what OH is for. Did he? Not a chance. Looked under bonnet myself and think my brake fluid is low. Will sort it out myself on Thursday. Not asking him again.

Yes Limper trailing up and down a muddy field is exercise or so I was informed not many days ago
30/01/2013 at 04:16

Morning!  anyone awake?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.