Too fat to run now

39,001 to 39,020 of 40,139 messages
11/02/2013 at 18:31
What is wrong Limper? You need to take care of yourself.
11/02/2013 at 19:10

Goodness Limper that sounds grim. Look after yourself. Hot toddy perhaps???

Speedy you have put me to shame. I finally managed to get out today now that my cold has receded, did 30 min run/walk which was not as good as I hoped but at least I did it!

11/02/2013 at 19:31
Dr Fish it wasn't a good plod. No idea how long it took as didn't time it. I just know the distance. Knees - well left knee more so - is very sore. It hasn't liked 3 miles two days running.

So fed up I could just go to bed and sleep and not get up for work tomorrow.
11/02/2013 at 19:37

A not very good plod is better than no plod at all! Would heat help your knee?

11/02/2013 at 19:52
I have arthritis in my knees Dr Fish.
11/02/2013 at 21:01

You have both done well Speedy and Fish. You should be proud of yourselves.

I've just a right rotten lurgy Speedy and I'm not coping well with it. It's really wiped me out.

Fish - I don't drink... but if you know any hot Todd's who might want to help me feel better.... 

11/02/2013 at 21:01

Ah I see, that must be difficult to live with. Do you have good medical support?

11/02/2013 at 21:24

One assumes your response is directed at Speedy's knees not at my tee-totalism?!

11/02/2013 at 21:29
Lol
11/02/2013 at 21:37

I dont know - either would be a bit of a trial I think! Hot elderflower with a dash of ginger is a half decent substitute for a whisky toddy, as I have learned from experience when on antibiotics which you cant have alcohol with.

11/02/2013 at 22:27
Two days of plodding has had a dire effect on my knees. Pain killers and anti inflammatories taken. Never seen the doctor since diagnosed as just apply for repeat prescriptions. Best advice was from
Limper who sent me a good exercise leaflet. Lift at work tomorrow I think instead of the stairs.

I don't know about being tee total as I like my wine and vodka too much Limper so I can't offer any suggestions on hot toddys. I hope you feel better soon though.
12/02/2013 at 07:26

Elderflower and ginger sounds heavenly Fish. I'm not sure that my eyeballs will stay in their sockets long enough for me to drive to the shops today though. Currently they feel as though they are being forced out by the pressure in my head.

Hope your knees ease up today Speedy. Is it time to have something surgical done about them?

Did the ark float Tippy or are you still land-locked?!

Where's my feathered friend? You'd best clean out the wheelbarrow if you want my company at Heartbreak darling.

Ally - you OK?

12/02/2013 at 09:55

Just heroically forcing myself to consume all the choclit at the lily-pad before Lent starts 

12/02/2013 at 16:39

Hope you feel better soon Limper xx

12/02/2013 at 18:20
Limper RE is a around, just being kept busy.
Will make sure he puts wheel barrow on his run list.
Just had 6 pancakes will be playing in the old gym in an hour.
Ark still land locked but looking better as it has been painted
12/02/2013 at 20:29
Hope the choclit was good Limper. Are you feeling any better?

Tippy how was the gym?

Speedy has been really (and I mean really) bad today. I went of the diet Waggon big style. I have had serious munchies and just ate and ate and ate. Having not done that in a year I am feeling slightly sick now. How sad that I just went and ate in such a way that made me fat in the first place. That 3 stone loss is proving hard to get too. It's just a few pounds but I just can't get there. Oh well tomorrow is another day.

Limper they won't do anything to my left knee in fear of infection because of the cellulitis. I can't get an injection into the knee because it seems there is a risk so I have to suffer it.
12/02/2013 at 21:16
Speedy, 1 hour weight work done.
12/02/2013 at 21:33
Well done Tippy.
12/02/2013 at 21:53

Surely they can cram you full of antibiotic cover prior to the knee surgery Speedy?
If they could sort out your right knee it would ease the loading on your left one - after the rehab period obviously.

I wish I could say that I'm feeling better... but I'm really not
I haven't been this ill in years. I don't like it.
There seems to be some real nasty germs around at the moment.

I stoppped off at the chemist on my way back from the stables. I had had another unscheduled 'sit down' and was literally mudded from head to foot. Whilst discussing with the pharmacist which drugs might help most she said, "You are clearly still working at present?". What could she possibly think I do for a living?!! Grave digger perhaps!!

SIX panckaes Tippy? You must have been really tossing the batter this evening  

12/02/2013 at 22:08
Oh was tossing I was noshing (oh eer missus)
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.