Too fat to run now

39,001 to 39,020 of 40,172 messages
08/02/2013 at 07:34
Les Mis indeed!

Total fasting 2 days a week? Why would you?,
08/02/2013 at 19:19

I'm a bit of a softie for "Empty Chairs".

I'm a Les Mis fan and have seen it on the stage several times (including the brilliant time when Alfie Boe and Matt Lucas performed together).
I was really pleased with the film adaptation. It's always a hard thing to get right.
Hugh Jackman is not the singer that Alfie is, but he's a great actor. And Russell Crowe - phwoar   He can chain me up any time 

08/02/2013 at 19:20

Tippy - I will not have the breath in my body to sing to Eagle! He will have to make do with me grunting and puffing (oo-errr missus) like a clapped out walrus.

08/02/2013 at 19:31

ooo eeer Limper!

Guess who I've seen today?  Ruth aka Plodding Hippo!  She's in MK doing the Quadzilla enigma 4 in 4 thing.  4 marathons in 4 days - each one is 7 laps around the same lake.  Mad people  She asks after you Limper x

08/02/2013 at 20:21
Evening all.
Talking of grunting and puffing, had a lovely 11 mile when we parted run with RE tonight.
He had 1 mile to go till he got back to the nest.
08/02/2013 at 22:01

I might not be doing the 'event' with RE after all...
My runette on Tuesday went very badly and I'm a bit under the weather now (that's me saying that I am actually ill but won't admit it). I can't see me being ready to cope with the demands of that run in only two weeks. 

08/02/2013 at 22:08
Limper, really sorry to hear the news.
Please look after yourself
Big hug
08/02/2013 at 22:32

Yeah well Tippy, just flippin budge over and let me have your warm bit of bed and don't nick the hottie bottle cos I need it more than you do tonight 

08/02/2013 at 23:05

hi guys, i've got the Wiltshire 10 on Sunday and I'm worried.  I did 8 miles last sunday and felt like i could keep plodding .  I don't know why i'm so worried about this, although its the longest i'll have ever run since i was 25

any words or thoughts for advice?

Edited: 08/02/2013 at 23:06
09/02/2013 at 09:39

Limper - it just won't do it for me if you are not @ the Heartbreak. I'll be Heartbroken  if I don't get the usual greeting & hugs (aka grope).  You are pulling on my Heart Strings.

Vibes from the Heart to make you better & strong.

Dionne Warwick?

09/02/2013 at 11:53

Eagle - Big Limpette wants to do the Heartbreaker so I will hopefully at least be there as a taxi driver. If I do 'run' I really can't ask you to stay with me - I will be jog/walking the whole way and will be slow. Really slow. The course compares with Minstead and I can't keep the pace that we did there. At the moment I can't take a deep enough breath to even blow you a kiss 

09/02/2013 at 14:55
Afternoon all. Hugs to Limper. Take care of yourself and get better soon.

Big mistake today. Decided to take Molly, Millie and Max out on a plod. They decided they didn't want to plod and I ended up only doing 1.5 miles pulling them along. It was a waste of time. They all speeded up when back near the house. So one wet me and three wet dogs. Tomorrow I will not try to kill two birds with one stone and will plod on my own. My dogs just don't do wet weather.

I need serious cheering up folks. Don't know what's wrong but so very flat. Plodding isn't going well and weight is stuck. Have had a hard few months with both daughters which might have something to do with it. Could have done with hubby remembering my birthday and giving me at least a card but I
got nothing

Oh quit moaning Speedy.
09/02/2013 at 15:33

((((((( Speedy )))))))

It's a bad time of year sweetie. Soon everything, absolutely everything, will seem brighter and better.
Your plodding will be more enjoyable when the weather improves and then your weight will start to shift again as well. Don't beat yourself up about it at the moment. Just keep as active as you can and be sensible with your food intake.
Maybe concentrate on giving up one thing entirely so that you have an achievable goal that you can be proud of? A month without any alcohol? Or biscuits or something. Just one thing, then you'll succeed and feel better about yourself.
Bad hubby  

10/02/2013 at 10:33

Bleaurgh 

10/02/2013 at 11:37
Morning all, building an ark,
10/02/2013 at 12:24

Will you put The Shed on top of your ark Tippy? 

I am ill.
There, I've finally admitted it. Now I can officially collapse on the sofa with a blankie. Who's going to mop my fevered brow and bring me a bowl of soup?

Hope everyone else is OK. 

10/02/2013 at 14:58
Limper the shed is the ark.
I'll bring the soup and we can watch the rugby together.
Keep warm poppet
10/02/2013 at 15:10
Awh Limper if I was closer I would come and visit you and bring you some homemade soup. You keep snuggled on the sofa. Get better soon. ((((hugs)))) for you.

Also thank you for your words of wisdom re plodding and weight. Still very down but more positive today. Lots of reasons for being so low but won't go into that.

Went to gym today. 3 miles on treadmill but it was the worst 3 miles I think I have ever done. Took me forever to do it. Then went for a swim. Honestly it was like having a private gym and pool. Had it all to myself. Tried the sauna but didn't like it. Then tried the spa - big mistake. Couldn't get knee to bend enough to get into it and slipped. Oh boy did the knee hurt .

Can I now be lazy for the rest of today? Hubby at work so have the house to myself.
10/02/2013 at 16:19

Sorry you are still feeling low Speedy, but you should be very pleased with your effort at the gym. 3  miles is better than no miles (looks sheepish and guilty).

I am just back from my second drenching of the day. The first one was when I put the horses out. This one was as I got them back in. Later I will have a third one when I go and tuck them up for bed.
It's difficult to stay warm and look after myself when I have neddies that need me.

Tippy - can we watch Sound of Music rather than rugby? 

10/02/2013 at 17:02
How many horses do you have Limper? I think it's bad enough having to take doggies out for a walk in the rain far less see to horses. Once you have them to bed snuggle up and get warm.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.