Too fat to run now

39,061 to 39,080 of 40,139 messages
22/02/2013 at 06:29

Wrap up warm children. It's a cold one today.

Hope your little dog is ok this morning Speedy.

22/02/2013 at 08:59

Hope your dog is improving and you bruises are fading limper.

Did another session on Tuesday which was really cold, due go out again today so will need to wrap up warm! Not very enticing but I want to keep the momentum going

Stay warm everyone.

22/02/2013 at 14:29

"Warms Hands" 

22/02/2013 at 16:32

Well I did it! Same route as this time lsat week but more running and less walking so 1min 40 sec quicker! Really chuffed and have a nice warm glow.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

22/02/2013 at 17:22

Well done Dr Fish!

23/02/2013 at 16:31

Thanks Eagle.

23/02/2013 at 19:10

Mr & Mrs E have just booked their European Half jaunt for 2013 - Dublin 5th August.

I just have to survive the Heartbreak 14 tomorrow, Reading Half in March and anything else I get talked into.  Tiptoes? Tiptoes?  Did you say anything...did I hear Compton??

23/02/2013 at 20:20

Evenign all!

Sorry been absent without leave again!  Limper you are right, it was Amelias birthday - 17th!  So was busy organising and then have had this lurgy.

How are you now Limper - better?

23/02/2013 at 21:08

Happy Birthday Amelia 

I hope you haven't had the lurgy I've had Ally. If so, you have my sympathies. 

I can't decide if I'm going for an Eagle hug tomorrow or not.

Eagle - I have a spare place for a very nice 21 miler in March. 

24/02/2013 at 09:15
Have a nice time if you see RE Limper.
24/02/2013 at 10:19
Hi all.

Little dog much better after his second injection. Apart from serious case of the runs (all over my livingroom carpet) he is eating and drinking again. Nearly back to his old self.

I have been really bad and haven't got out. I don't know where my mindset is at the moment but it's not with me that's for sure. My knee really hurts but that shouldn't be an excuse. Also suffering with painful finger joints. I feel I am getting really old and all those age related ailments starting to come in.

Well done Dr Fish on getting out. Limper are you feeling better? Good luck on runs today all.

Not a bad day here so am going to plod even if it kills me.
24/02/2013 at 15:44
Speedy creeps in and mumbles she only managed 1 mile
24/02/2013 at 17:13
Speedy 1 is better than none
24/02/2013 at 19:13

Speedy hun, I went out for 4.2 miles and only managed 1.5.  Somedays are just like that!  For me there were a few things that impacted.  The first and biggest - my back was tight before I went and didn't loosen up.  It went from 'I'm not particulary happy about this' to 'stop now or I will make you suffer all week' between the 1 and 1.5 mile mark.  Secondly, I took the dog out with me - really altered my rhythm and stride, I won't do that again when I have a set distance to acheive - a quick lap of the lake okay but further then no.  Thirdly, I'd done a resistance based session yesterday and my legs were like rocks.  I expected them to loosen off but they didn't.

For me the thing to remember is it's one run - the next will be better

24/02/2013 at 22:14

Well dones to Fish and Speedy and Ally. You did something girls, that's what matters.

I did something today. I had a good old snuggle with my lovely Eagle 
Oh, and we did a bit of a run as well.
I enjoyed the cuddle most though! 

25/02/2013 at 08:42

Limper, Hope you prunned his feathers after, you know he likes to look prestine .

25/02/2013 at 15:09

I left him looking tidier than when I found him!

He was my hero - he got me up the first mountain and nursed me down the final stretch.

25/02/2013 at 15:29
Limper have I missed something - did you do a race yesterday?

Ally I know what you mean about the dog. Years ago when we had a lab I used to take her running but got tangled in the lead or she kept going in front of me. Mind you she could run faster than me and keep going.

Off to doctors re ageing joints
25/02/2013 at 16:32

Speedy - Eagle, Limpette and myself did a tough half yesterday.

I run with Dawg. If we are on roads I wear a waist bag and attach her lead to it. If we are off road she tootles along next to me or just behind me. She's an excellent running companion. I'm looking forward to Pup being able to come as well.

Good luck at the docs.

Hope your back is easier today Ally.

25/02/2013 at 17:01
Well done Limper especially as you have been so unwell. I think you are a secret runner to keep us all in our toes

My dogs are all to tiny to run or I should say plod with me. The Llhasa would hold me back even more as she stops and smells everything. Max is too tiny and the other Yorkie would just bark at everybody and everything.

Doctor has given me gel for thumb joints and to try it on knees too. being referred to hospital for the bunions as they are causing me to walk on side of my feet which she said is impacting on my knees causing them more pain.

I am falling to bits
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.