Too fat to run now

39,221 to 39,240 of 40,124 messages
17/03/2013 at 16:08

I’m happy:

1)      Ran an event with my eldest son for the first time (he is class and FAST, I'm a donkey)

2)      I have family & friends that took the trouble to turn out in foul weather to support us

3)      I did not stop (the first time in an event for about 3 years)

4)      No injuries

5)      Met some nice folk

6)      Got a freebie t-shirt for my best mate Tiptoes

7)      Have post-race ‘finishers’ photo with Peter

8)     Now enjoying a pre dinner beer

PRICELESS ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS

17/03/2013 at 18:02
Well done RE. Sounds like you enjoyed your race today. Its nice when you feel good after your run.

Hi 3.30. Nice to see you on here. 2miles is more than I can do right now. Like you I used to do 40 miles a week. Ah how the years pass. Speedy is getting old

Very wet and muddy dig today. No significant finds. Soon be time to put detectors to bed till August due to farmers ploughing to plant.
17/03/2013 at 21:21
Saw the Eagle before he took the eldest Eaglet to the loft heights of the stadium, I slummed it in a wet tent. Ran with a young lady who I first met nearly 20 yrs ago, now of to bed
18/03/2013 at 14:29

Speedy

Yup me as well, been thinking back and watching some vids on here and realise how I miss it all, moving to Scotland really done it as moved away from all my friends that were into it

Starting to do a bit again and determined to give it a good go before old age takes hold !! I would love to run Loch Ness but I reckon at least 2 years training needed.

18/03/2013 at 18:04
There is an awful lot of the white stuff falling from the sky

Jayden sitting today. There is only so many episode's of Scooby Doo this grandma can put up with.

3.30 partly due to a house move too but it was just enough to make getting to my running club after work and look after elderly parents impossible. I have just not got back on the straight and narrow since. Trying hard now though.

Wherd in Scotland are you? I am sure I asked you this many years ago?

We could do Inverness if entries still open? If we train hard we could go round it together. Now there is motivation. Oops I better check the date though as I have holidays around that time.
18/03/2013 at 18:06
Ok si its Sunday 29th Sept. I am free.
18/03/2013 at 21:21

Nice thought Speedy but no way would I be ready for that. I would love to run Loch Ness Marathon one day that

I am in Helensburgh North of Glasgow on the West Coast about 3 miles from Loch Lommon and stunning walks scenery etc

18/03/2013 at 21:33
I wouldn't say I could have run it without being last but would have given it a bash.

Ran Helensburgh half many years ago. Caravan a lot at Loch Lomond many times too as not too far from us.

How is everyone? Lots of horrible white stuff here in Fife. Hope it doesn't snow all night or it will be a tricky drive to work.
19/03/2013 at 06:05

No snow here Speedy. Rain rain rain for the last three days but it's due to be dry-ish today. Hope your journey is ok.

Where's Ally wandered off to lately?

I'm totally puzzled about what day of the week it is! I think there is a possibility that I have slept through a day as I'm sure it's Monday but my calendar says Tuesday!

Well. Whatever day it is in your world, have a good one!

19/03/2013 at 08:10

Where you stay then Speedy ?

19/03/2013 at 22:37
Yes it is Tuesday last time I looked limper.

Snow was bad in the village but once on main roads it was ok. Drive to work wasnt bad. Melting now.

On strike tomorrow

I live in Auchtermuchty Fife 3.30.
20/03/2013 at 06:22

Are you on picket duty Speedy?

I had to drive through a picket line held by my friends and colleagues last time we were on strike (because we still have to provide a core service). It was surprisingly daunting - despite them all waving and smiling at me! I took them a cup of tea during my break!!

20/03/2013 at 14:23
Afternoon all. No not on picket line Limper. I have driven through the picket line once before. I couldnt afford to lose pay at that time so braved it and it wasnt as bad as I thought. Might have to do it on 5th April - next strike day - as can't afford to lose two days from one pay

I have a bad headache. Just won't budge. It's one of the if I move my head it hurts more type of headache. I am falling apart.
20/03/2013 at 16:52

Hi everyone.  Hope you got rid of your headache Speedy?

I have a cold - sympathy in the form of tea and yummy cake would be much appreciated lol.

20/03/2013 at 19:07

I can spare you a cup of tea Ally but I'm afraid there is no cake left. Would a handful of kitty-crunch suffice?

Sympathies to Speedy as well. Maybe it's a tension headache Speedy? Make sure you're not hunching your shoulders up or gritting your teeth without realising it.

Hugs to our boys. Hope you're both recovered from your run at the weekend?

I'm booked in for a 21 miler this weekend but sadly I won't be fit to do it. I'll be support crew for Limpette though.

20/03/2013 at 19:43

no cake?!  

21/03/2013 at 06:56

No Ally, NO cake. Not even a crumb in the bottom of the tin. 

21/03/2013 at 22:51
Me thinks you need to do some more baking Limper.
22/03/2013 at 06:51

Well who would've believed yesterday was the first day of Spring. Rain rain and more rain here at the lily-pad. And howling gales.
Brrrrr.

22/03/2013 at 15:50
Strong winds and freezing cold here too Limper. It's not nice. Winter has gone on long enough now. Getting bored with it.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.