Too fat to run now

39,241 to 39,260 of 40,165 messages
23/03/2013 at 11:34

Hard core 15 miles in the snow this morning with the 'Toes.  It may take some time to thaw out.

'

23/03/2013 at 12:58
Thanks for the company RE.
I was really good, no snow ball fight
23/03/2013 at 16:47

And very little bad language either..........

23/03/2013 at 20:08
Well done boys. It's not nice out there.
24/03/2013 at 15:24

Just done my first run since Heartbreak 4 weeks ago due to injuries.
10 miles in gently falling snow and 1 degree temperature.
It was an event that I knew I couldn't complete but wanted to do part of. Limpette did 21 miles.

24/03/2013 at 17:38

Evening all. Popped in a few weeks ago because I was feeling  very demoralised and lacking in motivation. Thanks in no small part to the encouragement I got here I have got myself sorted. I am doing regular run/walks improving each time and have found a fantastic exercise class to do on my non running days. Have lost a few pounds as well. I have signed up to do a hilly 10K in September but hope to be able to do at least one 10k before then.
So thanks everyone for your support, it really helped.

Happy running everyone, especially when spring finally arrives.

Fish

Edited: 24/03/2013 at 17:46
24/03/2013 at 18:24

Stick around Fish. We are a friendly little group and you don't have to be dieting or running to sit on our sofa!

24/03/2013 at 18:26

Well done Dr Fish!!

Which hilly 10k are you signed up for?

Go Limper Go!!  You can do it my froggie friend.  Please say hello to Limpette for me.  

Edited: 24/03/2013 at 18:26
24/03/2013 at 18:37

Thanks Limper, I will pop in from time to time.

Eagle - I have signed up for Derwentwater 10K, part of the Lakeland trail series. My husband did it last year and my sis is going the 15K.

24/03/2013 at 18:42

Sounds a scenic run Dr Fish, enjoy!

24/03/2013 at 21:50
Evening all. Well done limper. Sounds like you had a good run.

As limper says Dr Fish stick around on here. It is nice to chat with you.

I have struggled a bit this last week. I keep going out to plod and despite using my inhaler before venturing out the very cold temperature has had me wheezing within minutes. Tis not good.

Have had enough of this cold now. Has everyone else? Its suppose to be spring for
goodness sake. Even my dogs don't want to go out. I had to pull one round her walk today. She decided after 10 mins she wasn't going any further and just dug her paws in until I turned around to go back and she set off at a speed all the way back.

Hope you have all had a good weekend.
25/03/2013 at 11:45
Morning
26/03/2013 at 06:54

Its still freezing here. I've had enough of it.

26/03/2013 at 08:57
Morning. Are we in some sort of perpetual winter?!
26/03/2013 at 10:04

Ice on the water trough today. It is so cold here. 

I'm going to get under Tippy's duvet and warm my hands up 

26/03/2013 at 21:46
Limper, you can put those cold hands up RE's eiderdown.....
nice 10 miles with RE tonight. Nice company and good fun.
Transferred 3 crocs into tippy lake at weekend as a trial run for stocking the lake from old one.
The shed is nearly complete.
Stick around Dr Fish we is friendly honest
27/03/2013 at 10:25

Sorry Tips but you are my warm body of choice for putting my cold hands on. RE gets his fair share of groping at the gym!!
Did you have to break the ice before dropping the crocs into Lake Tippy? 
I trust you have heating in the shed?

We have lots of frog spawn at the lily-pad (so potentially lots of frogs to kiss later in the year - hopefully there'll be one prince amongst them). It appears to be in stasis though because of the coldness.

27/03/2013 at 19:28

Who's been grassing me up?

Limper - you can help youself to my buns anytime  - but warm your hands up first please.

I can't help it if all in the same evening: (1) a nice young lady grabs a handful of my butt  whilst I'm in the reception queue at the gym (2) another nice young lady (and gym instructor) helps herself (more than once!) to the same  while we are setting up for body pump class (3) the nice young lady body pump instructor comes in and gives me a big wrap around hug in front of the class .  

27/03/2013 at 22:12
Limper. No ice on lake tippy due to niagra falls keeping water flowing.
I have heating and entertainment in the shed,
Now will someone wake RE up he's dreaming again.
27/03/2013 at 22:19
Evening all. Blooming snow today again. Tis not fun anymore

Long day at work today. Spend nesrly all of it in 3 different meetings. By number 3 I hsd to stiffle the yawns. Ah well off now till Tuesday but Jayden minding tomorrow.

Hopefully off to caravan on Friday if the water thaws out. Seems the water is frozen into all the vans at the moment. Looking forward though to plodding on nice quiet roads.

Dr Fish I am down near Keswick on holiday when your race is. It will be our last day but you have tempted me to enter and meet up. I need to talk hubby into it. Looking at the timings i could do the 10k while he keeps the dogs then he could do the 15k while I keep the dogs. A plan hatches in speedys mind
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.