Too fat to run now

39,481 to 39,500 of 40,126 messages
17/05/2013 at 06:48

Speedy - if you are talking about your mood there is no point waiting any longer to see the doc. You've been along this path before and you know it can help. It's been a long hard winter - you need to be able to enjoy the spring / summer now. Please go and see your Gp. ((((( )))))

Ally - glad your back is feeling better. Be careful with the weights, you don't want to do any twisting or flex and lift exercise. How's your little treasure these days?

... rolls Tippy out of bed and checks for signs of breathing ...
Hope you're still on the mend darling?

I'm not even going to spare a thought for that lucky eagle, lounging by the pool in his speedos.  

17/05/2013 at 08:09

(Think nice thoughts not RE in speedos)

Will try a plod today and see how things go Limper.

Hope everyone else are behaving 

17/05/2013 at 20:00

How did it go Tippy?  Chest behave?

Limper, twas a personal training session yesterday.  The PT is brilliant with injuries and stuff and got me mobile last week when I could barely walk  Yesterdays weights were tidgy compared to what I normally use but didnt' strain my back so that's all good

What's everyone up to this weekend?

18/05/2013 at 10:38

ally, did a lot better than last week, also went back out to run in a few runners.

18/05/2013 at 10:45

Glad things are better for you Tippy. 

18/05/2013 at 16:18

I'm in the highest council tax band in the area and they can't even be bothered to cut the grass along the verges outside my house. 

We don't have a library or a resident police force before you start telling me all the things my tax pays for.
So I've just knackered myself trying to do mine and my elderly neighbours and all I get for my efforts is an over-heated lawn mower engine and a splattering of hidden dog poo that some ignorant passer-by hadn't cleaned up after themselves (or their dog, as the case may be!). 

I think I shall eat cake now.

Oh, I'd just like to add that I swept the pavement and the road after I finished and I will be disposing of all the cuttings because our council doesn't do a green collection. Would it be too much foot-stamping to put three angry faces now? No? Good...

18/05/2013 at 20:22

Oh dear Limper what a lot of angry faces.  We dont only pay council tax but we have to pay a factoring fee to the builders of our houses.  I mean we bought the house but they say they own the road and lighting and cut the communal grass and trees. Em isnt that what council tax is for?????  

Nasty people that don't clean up after their dogs. I wouldn't dream of not doing it.  

Limper I went to docs yesterday and he changed my meds. Also had to see him about a problem with my foot.  Have to go back in 2 weeks to see him again. 

When does the Eagle return?  Tippy how is the chest?

18/05/2013 at 22:42

limper, eagle returns bank oliday weekend .

managed to do the park run a lot easier so looks like the steroids have done the job.

i hope you washed your hands before eating cake

18/05/2013 at 23:57

I'm glad you saw your doc Speedy. Hope the new meds are useful once you've settled on them.

Well done for your run Tippy. Is that a 'park run' as in the organised event? We don't have one near here unfortunately.

Hope your back is still improving Ally?

19/05/2013 at 09:24

Morning.

19/05/2013 at 11:00

limper yep luck to have 2 local, so took mum and tippy dog for a walk, then tied them to a bench and ran, obviously untied them when finished 

19/05/2013 at 12:32

Morning.  Lol to tying up mum and dog.  Hope you left them food and water...lol

Having withdrawal symptoms from stopping one med as not to start new for 5 days aftef stopped other.  Do not feel right at all.

Busy doing the mundane things as in housework.  Plan to get out later to walk or plod if rain ever stops. 

19/05/2013 at 17:27

Just keep focused that it is the change in meds that is bothering you Speedy. You'll soon feel better.

Just been taken for a walk along the beach by the Dawgs. Puppy really has no social conscience whatsoever!

19/05/2013 at 20:25

Evening

Back is feeling much more normal thanks Limper.  Went for a run this morning, got lost, went further than planned - this is typical of my ability to find my way!  My back was tight at the start and felt every step but soon settled down and relaxed thankfully!

How has everyones Sunday been?

20/05/2013 at 06:38

Eyes down, start the week.... Go!
First one to the end gets a prize.

20/05/2013 at 13:14

oh, oh me please miss 

20/05/2013 at 14:30

You have as much chance as anyone Tippy. Just stay focused on the prize 

21/05/2013 at 06:21

Morning all.

Oh do I get a shot at the prize

Los1.5lbs.this week.  Back under that stone marker. Onwards and downwardd.Not

t been able to walk/plod over last few days.  Knee extremely painful and many painkillers taken but got up to no pain this morning so hopefully that little episode is over.

Oh well work bebeckons.  Have a good day all.

21/05/2013 at 06:42

Well done on the weight loss Speedy. If only I could follow suit 
Hope your knee holds up and that your day goes well.

So - the prize is for the first person to reach the end of the week, yes? Hmmm, it'll be a close finish!

21/05/2013 at 08:27

Well done Speedy! Onwards and downwards

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.