Too fat to run now

39,481 to 39,500 of 40,139 messages
24/05/2013 at 22:14

ill get feathers in my teeth.

25/05/2013 at 16:05

Only if you do a certain amount of gnashing when you snog. Just be careful and get on with it.

25/05/2013 at 20:02

I unfortunately fell into a deep coma during a session entitled 'Investigating Serious Untoward incidents; root cause analysis' and therefore completely missed the end of the race!  Well done limper on you win, although I do think you employed rather dubious tactics!

25/05/2013 at 21:38

Ally, at my speed I have to employ any and every tactic available! And the price I paid was very dear - missing a Friday at work... it was a tough decision!

It's been quite a nice day here. I spent quite a lot of it sitting in traffic. 

25/05/2013 at 21:55

Evening. I guess I came in last then as I got to the finish line at 7.30 last night

It's been a scorched up here today.  Speedy was very lazy and sat in the garden all day.  One very red speedy now though.  Well today was our summer here in Five. 

Has the Eagle landed yet then?

26/05/2013 at 16:07

The Eagle (now a very brown and fat Eagle) has returned from his summer migration and landed back in the UK. Overnight flight.  Must do some back reading to find out what you have all been doing whilst I've been away.

26/05/2013 at 16:12

Oops. Half a stone put on in two weeks.

26/05/2013 at 16:13

Yayyyy. Big hugs Eagle darling 
Did you have a lovely time? Did you do a 'warrior'?! Did you miss me terribly?!!

I just did a plodette with a limpette. Lovely.

26/05/2013 at 16:14

X post!

Half a stone per week is about my average weight gain these days. Unfortunately it doesn't come back off. 

26/05/2013 at 16:16

And BTW - has Tippy hugged and kissed you yet? I told him he had to on my behalf but he was making excuses last time we spoke... (something about getting plummage in his mouth  I asked him to kiss you, not take bites out of you!)

26/05/2013 at 16:34

I'm off for a plod at 6 Limper - reckon it will still be pretty warm!  Was it roasting when you went?

26/05/2013 at 18:39

Twas very warm Ally but we always have a bracing sea breeze here!
Hope you've enjoyed yours?

I'm off to the flicks shortly. Star Trek. Benedict Cumberpatch - phwoar. 

26/05/2013 at 19:18

My run was blimin terrible!  You know those runs where you just don't settle into it?  The first 10 minutes of any run for me is awful - always - and I just ignore it.  Got to a mile and a half today and was still struggling so just gave up and walked.  Theres always the next run eh?

27/05/2013 at 07:41

Limper - yes I did a 'warrior'. Several in fact.  Will get piccies downloaded and send you highlights.  Hoping to meet up with Tiptoes tomorrow but hw is going to have to be gentle with me. Only four early morning short joggettes on the beach whilst away, no gym so it will hurt

27/05/2013 at 09:34

I look forward to the photos Eagle 

Ally - some runs are just like that aren't they. Doesn't matter, it's just one run and the next will be better in comparison.

Star Trek - hmmm. Anyone else seen it? Anyone else watch 9/11 live on tv? I'm not sure how the film producers thought it was ok to show a starship crashing through the tower blocks of a major city. I was more than a tad discomfited by the similarity.
Or maybe the full moon is making me over-sensitive!

Enjoy your bank holiday day folks.

27/05/2013 at 09:42

I've not seen Star Trek Limper but by what you say I would probably find it uncomfortable too!

The sun seems to have gone into hiding here.  I'm contemplating that it may be my fault as I've planned to take Amelia to a particular park.  Whenever I have done this before it has rained..............

I will run again tonight and hope for a better one

27/05/2013 at 16:15

Jet lagged Eagle has spent 2 days being dutiful son to ailing parents, then buying plants and sorting my garden out. Mrs E has just about caught up on the post holiday washing (most of it was hers - I travel VERY light.

I do hope that Tiptoes still remembers me and wants to come out to play.

27/05/2013 at 19:31

Can you sort my garden out Eagle?   

27/05/2013 at 20:00

I suspect that your garden is much bigger than mine.  You only want to see me working out topless.

27/05/2013 at 22:07

It's possibly a two-man job 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.