Too fat to run now

39,501 to 39,520 of 40,139 messages
27/05/2013 at 22:20

RE or is it GBFRE.

i am free to play tomorrow in the park.

28/05/2013 at 08:04

Morning All. 

So the Flying one is back home to roost, thought i heard the tinkle of the little bell to announce his arrival :-P

Tis wet, tis a work day, NOT HAPPY

28/05/2013 at 13:30

That's an understatement.

28/05/2013 at 20:44

limper tried to give RE your hug but he kept flying away....

28/05/2013 at 22:08

Really Tipster? Must I do everything myself? 
Eagle, stand still and be hugged. You know you love it really. 

I waddled home this evening. It wasn't a very effective way of getting from A to B. And I must remember not to wear a thin white T shirt over a purple bra in the rain. 

You OK Speedy?

29/05/2013 at 07:30

Morning. It's all shiny and bright here 

Anyone fancy another race to the end of the week? (Guess who's got another Friday off looming!  )

29/05/2013 at 08:21

Limper i'm game ( ALSO HAVE FRIDAY OFF)  so the race is a draw already lol

29/05/2013 at 21:03

Well I can say I have won this week then as I am off tomorrow and Friday.  Neh neh  neh neh neh

Hospital tomorrow about my feet.  Then off to caravan on friday.  Taking Jayden so hopefully hubby will look after him to let me plod after all he thinks his Papa is great.

Hope you are all well.  RE was it a good holiday then?

29/05/2013 at 21:25

Speedy - it was fab.  Sun, sea, and all the rest .  Met some nice peeps from the USA, Canada and of course some Jamaicans.  Got chatted up by some very nice young bikini clad lovelies, especially when at the pool side & swim up bars.  I only went to order drinks!  Mrs E just looks on and smiles......

30/05/2013 at 08:15

Mrs E got wind again??? must be the food 

(run away run away)

30/05/2013 at 20:34

Looks like I am last again this week?!  That's okay, I'm used to being last hehe.

Erm, I just did something more a little stooopid.............

I've entered this ;

30/05/2013 at 22:09

Wow. Good luck with that Ally.

31/05/2013 at 07:55

Ally, I know a couple of folk that did that one a couple of years ago.

31/05/2013 at 15:34

Did they enjoy it RE?

The week is over and it's officially the weekend

31/05/2013 at 17:12

They did, but it was not easy.

31/05/2013 at 22:38

Evening from the sunny borders.

Hospital yesterday was not too good.  After x rays I got told have arthritis in my big toes with only 30% mobility  To go in for operation to have lumps removed from both feet and he said would do both feet at same time.  Will be some time during next 3 months.  So it looks like I will be off my feet for a while once done.  Looking highly likely my Keswick run might not happen.  

Enjoy the weekend all.  

01/06/2013 at 09:29

Speedy - I see your kind of surgery all the time at work. Having both feet done at once is going to be hard but at least you won't have two admissions and two anaesthetics to cope with. Usually post-op involves some bulky bandaging and some silly shoes! And crutches to help you take the weight through your heels. You'll need to keep your feet up as much as possible to reduce risk of swelling and you'll no doubt get a 6 week 'holiday' from work!! After 6 weeks you should be walking normally and in less discomfort than you are now (or than you will eventually be in if you don't have it done).
I need ops on both my feet and can't pick a time of year when it would be best - summer when I want to run or winter when I'm trudging through mud every day 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

01/06/2013 at 21:30

Evening all.  Its been a lovely sunny day here in the borders.  We even had a BBQ.  Jayden is loving it.  Only thing grandma is not happy with is I forgot a 4 year old wakes up at the crack of dawn.  

Thanks for the info Limper.  They havent told me much about Op but I do have to go for a pre op assessment on Friday.  I don't know how I will cope with the inactivity for 6 weeks.  I have Robbie Williams concert on 25th June and Bon Jovi on 3rd July them my 2 weeks hols on 26th Aug.  Op is going to unterfere with something.  How long agter it before I can plod again?  Oh and what do you mean 'funny shoes'?  

01/06/2013 at 22:28

You won't be plodding for at least 6 weeks Speedy but you'll be walking comfortably within a couple of weeks (probably). If your consultant does the same procedure as ours and the same wound dressings then you will have a canvas sandal with a flat solid sole to prevent the toes from flexing as you walk. But things may be different where you are. Or you may be talking about a different condition to what I am assuming you mean!

It's been a beautiful day here. There is going to be some serious sun burn over at the camp site tonight.

02/06/2013 at 09:18

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.