Too fat to run now

39,641 to 39,660 of 40,139 messages
07/07/2013 at 21:44

Tired. Very very tired.
Work was hard yesterday. Then I had loads of heavy chores at the stables.Then I hoovered the lawn in search of lost tribes.
Today I have cooked AND baked (I'm talking about in the kitchen as opposed to outside in the sunshine). I've done tons of boring housework. I've also taken the dawgs and hoss and limpette swimming. And I've sort-of plodded.
Did I mention that I'm tired?!!

Where's our Ally got to?
Hope you're not too burnt to sleep Speedy.
Well done boys.

07/07/2013 at 23:14

You have been a very busy little frog.  I would be shattered after doing all that.  Any baking left   Hope you are ok.  If you have run out of stuff to do my house needs gutted before hospital next week 

My arms are very brown but my neck and back where the vest top didnt cover is bright red and em a tad sore.  Didnt think i had my back to the sun so much but i suppose if i went up the field i had to turn to come back. Mmm bed might be pai ful tonight.  

09/07/2013 at 07:06

How's your sunburn Speedy?
I have plenty to do - but thanks for the kind offer of alleviating any boredom I might have time for!!

Mwah mwah mwah everyone.

I LOVE THE SUMMER 

09/07/2013 at 10:21

Fun in the sun for me tonight.

09/07/2013 at 20:56

Evening all.  How are we all on this beautiful summers day?   Shame we have all been working and missed it.  Mind you I was quite happy to hide from it today as had enough over the weekend.

At long last my partial retirement has been accepted.   I will be going part time from 1st September.   Pension won't start till October seeing as it took 2 months before I accepted the hours they said as I wanted different hours.  That is if they don't sack me for being off after operation.   They are coming down hard on people who are off sick and taking every opportunity to get rid of people.  

12/07/2013 at 07:14

Morning All

Another lovely Day.

13/07/2013 at 18:41

Its been a scorcher again.  Out detecting.  Loads of really good finds.  Sadly none of them by me   Last dig for several months for me so I made the most of it.  

What have you all been doing today?

13/07/2013 at 22:34

Working.         And cooking.

14/07/2013 at 18:55

OMG.
That's all I've got to say about today.

15/07/2013 at 21:04

well done iccle froggie

15/07/2013 at 21:05

well done RE

15/07/2013 at 21:41

What happened yesterday?  

Last plodcompleted   Now getting very scared.  Speedy no like pain or needles.

Been another scorcher but been too busy getting house in order to enjoy it.

If well enough I will post tomorrow night.  

16/07/2013 at 08:00

Bi Hugs Speedy

17/07/2013 at 21:25

Hope you're ok Speedy?

18/07/2013 at 12:57

Hi all.  Speedy is feeling very sorry for herself so haven't been on.  Not feeling too great and in pain.  Tramadol is making me sick.  Also got a husband that is not sympathetic or a good nurse and tells me just to get on with it after all its only my feet that were operated on !!!!!!!

Hospital gave me a sick line for 8 weeks.  Just wait till I tell my boss that one.

Hope you are all well.

18/07/2013 at 21:13

Chin up Speedy.

It will all be worth it - you will come back stronger both in body and mind.  Indulge the doubters then prove them wrong (nicely).  You can do this - and we are with you all the way.

18/07/2013 at 22:34

Thank you RE.  I don't cope well with pain and my husband doesn't cope with anything or anyone that needs cared for.  He just doesn't do illness. Hoping once I recover I will get back to plodding as quickly as possible

19/07/2013 at 22:16

The pain will settle Speedy and then you'll have pretty feet and less problems 
Sod the husband, just make sure you don't start doing anything at all for him either.
Your boss has no choice but to accept your sick note. 8 weeks must nearly take you up to your partial retirement doesn't it?

It's stonking hot isn't it. 

20/07/2013 at 09:35

Morning everyone.  How are we all on this lovely summer's day?

Thank you Limper I will just keep thinking that you remind me the pain will settle.  Itdidn't seem like it in the middle of the night.   The pain was truly unbearable and Speedy - being the wuzz that she is - was sitting in tears popping the Tramadol as soon as the time allowed.  I have not slept.  Left big toe went numb and just had a funny feeling in it.

It will indeed Limper take me up to partial retirement.   In fact the line covers my 2 weeks holidays.  I will also only go back on rehab hours for a few weeks.

Roll on back to fitness.  Iwill never again complain it is too wet/dark/hot/lazy to go for a plod

What are you all doing today then?

21/07/2013 at 09:45

Yesterday I gardened.
Today I am suffering!

Hope your feet are beginning to calm down Speedy.

Where's Ally?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.