Too fat to run now

39,661 to 39,680 of 40,139 messages
21/07/2013 at 18:32

Hope garden is looking good limper and you are not sore anymore. 

Got over confident and thought I could walk without crutches.  Bad decision.

Weekend over anddisappointed to read on Facebook what my children have done all weekend.  Plenty time to visit and go out with friends but no time to visit mum.  I would never have done that to my mum.  Unhappy speedy

22/07/2013 at 17:06

Speedy thats da youth of today for you.

Today i have been slow roasting in my office.

Yesterday i was teasing the local wildlife by sunbathing in the garden 

22/07/2013 at 17:44

I believe it is hot down your way Tippy.  Very overcast here. Sun has gone. 

They aren't exactly teenagers Tippy. One is 38 another 35 and the youngest 33.   Not one of them have visted since my operation. 

Have to attend the nurse tomorrow to get dressings changed.  This will be interesting to see what has been done.  Hope hubby gets home in time to take me or a taxi it will be.  

22/07/2013 at 19:27

Flippin kids eh Speedy. They won't be far away come Christmas.

My poor mum gets ignored when she's ill because my patients have already used up all my patience!

Twas 34 degrees in my car this afternoon.

22/07/2013 at 19:51

They are never far away when they need money limper.

34 degree is mighty hot.  

Us poor mums lose out for lots of reasons.......lol

24/07/2013 at 08:57

How are you feeling today Speedy? Is the pain settling?

Eagle? Tippy? Alright fellas?

This morning  heard at least 10 drops of rain hit the roof. Practically a downpour!! It's made it a lot cooler though. Shame, we get little enough sweltering summer.

I tried to run a couple of miles yesterday but I got distracted by all the flotsam and jetsam on the beach and ended up walking very slowly instead! It kept the dawgs happy though.

24/07/2013 at 14:50

Limper, did a nice plod with RE yesterday, Up and down the hills he took me.

Will be plodding tonight and barking orders at my lot.

No rain in Reading but had 20 mins at work and a bit of Thunder

Big Hug Speedy

25/07/2013 at 08:41

It has Rained yeah......

Now where is the sun gone, 

25/07/2013 at 19:02

I've got the sunshine down here Tips.

25/07/2013 at 19:19

give it back please

25/07/2013 at 20:45

Evening all.  I posted last night but my post has gone

Painis settlng limper.  Not as bad as I thought it was going to be until I knock one foot against something or like today dropped my deodorant on my foot - was ouch.

Speedy is seriously going stir crazy. 9 days post op. Limper how long before I can stol sitting with feet up and when can I drive again? Got dressing changed on Tuesday and was told still should have feet up 23hrs of the day.  Another dressing change tomorrow.   Sister in law having to come and drive me

Have had rain, thunder and lightning here but its still very warm and muggy.

Anyone racing soon?I

25/07/2013 at 21:41

No driving for 6 weeks Speedy. You already knew that so stop winding yourself up and accept it!
You can sit with your feet down. They will swell up like balloons and your cellulitis will run rampant - but you can do it if you want!
Now stop being a bad patient and look foward to pretty feet in 5 weeks time 

Keep your hands off my sunshine Tippy. You can come and share it but you are not taking it away. Nope. 

26/07/2013 at 10:24

Oh I am a bad patient.   Sorry.  

27/07/2013 at 19:05

Hope you're behaving today Speedy?!!
None of my real patients at work have been. I've had a nightmare day. And now it's raining. RAINING 
I managed a very small plod though   

27/07/2013 at 19:13

This little one managed a long one this morning - 13.2 miles, mostly with my good mate the Tipster. Some rough patches but made it home in one piece.  Last long one before Dublin on Mon 6th.

27/07/2013 at 19:15

Although the box is ticked, I don't get an email when anyone posts on here any more.

27/07/2013 at 21:59

Eagle - I struggle to even find this thread now. RW is crap.
Well done for your long run.

28/07/2013 at 13:41

limper on the tablet when you find this page you can bookmark it and use it to find again. thats the only way i find it. the bookmark is the little star at top of page

nice run with RE good company , good scenery.

29/07/2013 at 21:50

Bump

30/07/2013 at 10:42

Hello all, hope you have not floated away Limper.

How goes the recovery Speedy.

Quack RE

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.