Too fat to run now

39,741 to 39,760 of 40,142 messages
15/08/2013 at 22:24

i have a 10k in london, then nothing planned

16/08/2013 at 08:19

Hate this site now (RW that is, not you lovely people). Heaven knows what they've done or why. It's crap.

Goôd luck Tippy and Eagle in London.

Hope your feet are healing well Speedy.

16/08/2013 at 17:48

I'll not be in London.....gutted.  This was to be a special to show my support for a true friend.

Hope you all have a good weekend. 

16/08/2013 at 21:56

Good luck in London Tiptoes.  Hope you are ok RE.

Getting there Limper.  Had hoped to heal quicker than I am but hey ho I just have to take it as it comes.  Still in post op shoes and still have crusty wounds and pain which is not nearly as bad as I was led to believe it would be.

What is wrong with the site?  

In the borders for the weekend.   Have a good one everyone.

18/08/2013 at 16:11

Hi all.  Hope you are all well.

18/08/2013 at 20:49

all ok here, 

18/08/2013 at 20:49

So frustrated today.  Hubby out walking in the sunshine with the dogs and I so wanted to ho with him. 

Thinking ahead to next year.  I will be 60 in February and I am writing a to do list of things I aim to do in my 60th year.  Have been discussing it with hubby and he says to go for as much as I can.  So folks once feet are fully healed I aim to complete my list of things I am aiming to do from 1st January to 31st  December 2014.  

Watch this space  Positive thinking.   

Oh and on the list will be to meet Limper, RE and Tiptoes.

19/08/2013 at 18:31

I'm up for that.

19/08/2013 at 22:50

I'll be 50 next year Speedy. Maybe we should have a get-together.

I'm so so annoyed... my daughter's laptop has been destroyed by a virus 2 weeks before her uni term starts and 24 hours later mine is also dead from one (am posting from tablet). I've lost about 3 years of photos and some very important documents. Arghh 

20/08/2013 at 18:54

I am up for that Limper.  I am sure we can get something arranged.  I would love it.

That is awful about your laptops.  Do you know how the virus got in?  Something that has passed between both of you.  So sorry to hear about photos.   It is a heart break when that happens.  I lost a lot when hubby spilt beer all over ours.  We now back up onto a hard drive.

5 weeks post op now.  Tried trainers on but pain was too bad to get toes into them.  Have bought velcro sandals for holidays but I have till Sunday so fingers crossed some other foot wear will go on.  Still in dressings.  So strange no check ups or any going forward advice.  Not even got a follow up appointment yet.

Hope everyone is ok and getting out for runs.  You all have to do a little more you know to make up for what I can't do

21/08/2013 at 22:25

im game.

limper, have you got rid of virus as you may not have lost photos

22/08/2013 at 20:13

TT - People shoot game.

Speedy - I would if I could but I can't at the moment.

22/08/2013 at 21:33

Evening everyone.  How are you all?

Never thought I would say this but I am so bored I kinda wish I was back at work.  How sad is that? 

Off to the borders at weekend for a week then down to lake district for a further week.  Tad disappointed that I won't be able to join hubby on hill walks or long dog walks.  Soon I hope

23/08/2013 at 07:26

Tippy - my computer is dead as can be 

23/08/2013 at 10:13

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Really sorry about that. You may still be able to recover things.

Is the Virus gone or lurking.

23/08/2013 at 18:03

I have a blue screen of death and that's it. After a few minutes it powers off completely. Can't open anything. It happened after a McAfee scan. PC World want £80 to even start looking for files and reckon up to £160 to retrieve anything. My budget would be nearer £16 and even then Dawg 1&2 would have to skip dinner for a week. I've lost some special stuff including photos, course work and documents.

23/08/2013 at 18:45

really sorry to hear that 

24/08/2013 at 09:05

PC World is a rip off.  Is there not a local computer repair shop nearby?   Worth a try.  Sorry to hear you have lost so much.  Hope you find someone to look at it.

25/08/2013 at 12:33

Yipee dressing free and crutches free.  Even got my crocs on without too much pain.  

We are in the borders for a week now folliwed by a week in the Lake District.

Hubby is away out for a cycle run.  So wanted to go with him but he is going off road and hilly and whereas I think I could cycle on flat ground I don't think the feet would cope going up hill yet.  Fingers crossed that another week before the lakes should make a difference.

So looking forward to the day I can plod again

What are you all doing today then? 

26/08/2013 at 18:45

Had a lovely sunny day here.  Hubby went running and I sat in the sun reading. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.