Too fat to run now

81 to 100 of 40,135 messages
14/01/2005 at 19:39
Somehow I seem to be on the undecided list for Reading. Can't remember putting my name there. Must have been long time ago. Its not the getting there or anything like that its the disagreement that would be caused at home.

Having a rest night tonight as have done something everyday this week. Hope to do a long plod/walk over the weekend.

Hippo you are not a plodder!! You are doing great.
14/01/2005 at 19:45
Evening speedy. Well done for this week. I'm feeling lazy and bloated as I seem to have done nothing but eat rubbish today. Blame it ALL on hormones but hopefully I'll run all those carbs off tomorrow!

If your name's on the list does that mean you're entered for reading? See how things go nearer the time - maybe the disagreement will be less?????
14/01/2005 at 19:55
Evening mava62. I know I haven't entered as I was suppose to be in Austria that week but other half wouldn't go and sister and family cancelled so that is of. Can't see other half letting me go. Sorry but life is a bore here at the moment. Better not say any more.

I have had a bad eating day today as well. Really busy day at work, lots of paper work, someone resigning, someone wanting a transfer. Took half the day sorting paper work out for it all. That's no excuse but doesn't the rubbish taste good at the time. We will run all the calories etc of over the weekend.
14/01/2005 at 20:02
evening
done 11 halves and my pb(at reading0 is 2.23 summat

reckon that makes me a plodder

would LOVE sub 2.20
Speedy-just tell him to sodd off--its your life
14/01/2005 at 20:04
I've been on a course all day so instead of having my fruit & nuts at hand it's been biscuits and sandwiches. I do find if I have a routine I can keep to it but break that routine and I really break it <g>

14/01/2005 at 20:08
Hi Hippo Your not a plodder and you will make it under 2.20 you know you will. You have the determination. My very first half many years ago was 2.45. Worked hard at it and eventually got it down to 1.50. So if I can do it so can you. Last half was my PW of 3.25 GNR last Sept so anything I do this year will be an improvement (can't get worse can I). So come on Hippo under 2.20 this year - Yes?

Its not that easy. Tell you at Lochaber.
14/01/2005 at 20:19
I will one day
But its a pity it will have taken me three years of consistent training to break 5 hours for a mara
a natural runner im not
I look forward to having a natter at lochaber-are you satying Sunday night?
14/01/2005 at 20:23
It took me ages to break 5 hrs. I am not a natural runner either. But you have stamina to do it so good on you. I have only gone under 5hrs 3 times out of the 13 marathons I have done. All the rest were just over 5 to 5.15.

Unfortunately I am only staying Saturday night. Staying at the Travel Inn. Might decide to stay Sunday. Will see how things go here first and then if I can get the Monday off. Would love to stay for a natter.

Must go for now. Still not had any dinner. Will come back later.

Bye
14/01/2005 at 20:28
coz yer not a natural runner and you run 5 hours-that makes you a "runner and a half" Hipps:O))
14/01/2005 at 20:32
I so want to break 5 hours this year in FLM. Only done one before and did around 5.30 (real time!). I should be able to do it but I'm so injury prone I doubt it! I'm definitely not a natural runner and I'm way too tall really to be a long distance runner. Long legs aren't necessarily an advantage!
15/01/2005 at 15:30
Afternoon Speedy afternoon all, how's things?

Just done 9 miles in 96 mins which is OK but I don't think I could have gone on much longer. One of those irritating routes which is all uphill/incline at the end! Could rest tomorrow but could do the easy 30 mins that was scheduled for today.

Ho hum off to Sainsburys...
15/01/2005 at 17:14
Evening all. Spent all day setting up daughters computer and getting her on the internet. Then went to Asda's. Is it Xmas again? The shop was heaving with people. It was a nightmare. Going to go out tomorrow for a long plod or a long cycle. Today the weather has been awful with wind and rain. Off now to make the tea. Got a dvd to watch tonight and a bottle of wine to consume. Will catch you all tomorrow once I have done my plod and let you know how I got on. Will use the GPS to tellme how far I went.

Well done mava62. You did well. Keep up the good work.

Bye for now
15/01/2005 at 17:49
Your evening sounds just like mine Speedy. Grub, wine, dvd (Dusk to Dawn I think)
16/01/2005 at 10:05
Hoose
ha ha
certainly carrying half my body weight i dont need;)
Right Speedy Im at the travel inn too-so we will have a good natter on saturday night

13 marathons----wow!
16/01/2005 at 10:20
not quite what I meant hipps - but that wouldn't do would it:O))
16/01/2005 at 18:21
Evening folks. Back from my plod now. I did 5.5 miles in 77mins. Was most frustrated as my GPS stopped after 2.43 miles. I had put in new batteries but the packed in. Serves me right for buying cheap batteries from the market. Could not run far at a time so it consisted of walk a few hundres metres plod a few hundred. Tried to look ahead of me and say right I will jog to that tree/fence post/puddle and if I can make it past it its a bonus, then walked a bit and looked ahead and said right I will start to jog again when I get to that tree etc. It worked. Felt as if I was diciplining myself that way. Also I did a point to point from my house to my parents and hubby came and picked me up. That way I got my plod in and visited my folks.

Did everyone else have a good day?

Just made a pot of homemade soup so going to enjoy that now.
Flr
16/01/2005 at 18:27
nice one Speedy G

I'm a bit moogly cos of family stuff and a recent death tbh

I listened to my husband telling his father about what had gone on so far this year ... and decided I was allowed a moogly day

onwards and upwards tomorrow though

(funeral Tues)
16/01/2005 at 18:31
We are all alowed a moggly day flr. Sorry to hear about your recent bereavement. Funerals are never nice. Hope you are feeling better tomorrow.
Flr
16/01/2005 at 18:32
thanks babe

I'm ok, not anyone I see day to day so I am not majorly bereft

but she died very horribly which is hard to take on board

I kind of believe in funerals - I think they help with leave taking and I like to go if I can to show the family how loved someone was
Flr
16/01/2005 at 18:33
81 to 100 of 40,135 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.