Too fat to run now

19,921 to 19,940 of 40,155 messages
19/08/2006 at 23:20
Blimey girls, you have more luxuries camping than I have at home!! Seriously.

Up at the crack of dawn for a long plod with Mr and limpette so better get me jama's on and head off to bed.
Hope everyone has a nice Sunday doing whatever you are doing. Enjoy.

Night night.
xx
20/08/2006 at 09:26
morning all,

hope you are having a good plod limper and family.

Considerably fed up here. Nothing like doing something you don't do regularly for noticing how much worse things have got. Running has been gradually getting stink since last Nov., but every really bad run there is, I can always hope with reasonable confidence that there still will be a better one (even if it is not as good as the last good one).

Try things I haven't done for a while, well, it comes as a shock, and a nasty one at that. Wasn't ready for it, panicked and ran. Now ashamed.

Oh well. On the way home met the chain-gang preparing to go off. Learned that there is a half day ride starting at 2:15. I'll go along there and tag along at the back til I lose sight of them and then come home. At least nobody there will know me, and if I do chicken out and retreat tail between legs, it'll be only strangers who think me an incompetent wimp.
20/08/2006 at 09:37
Morning

Big hug to you Stickless

youve ben here before and got out the otehr side-you will again

CC-you is braver than me camoing in THAT

take care ally
and hugs to the rest of you
20/08/2006 at 09:40
Thanks Hipps, calmed down now. You running anything today?
20/08/2006 at 09:42
Thank god no
I had a terrible half yesterday

ill be doing a little plodle somewhere
20/08/2006 at 09:43
Yeah, silly question, just read that on t'other thread. Oh well, enjoy.
20/08/2006 at 09:45
rubs eyes tiredly

you thread hoppin then?
20/08/2006 at 10:23
morning all

can you put your boots on please

i have done nothing for weeks and weeks and can hardly be bothred to get out of bed.....

20/08/2006 at 10:24
RIGHT

GIT YO ASS OUT THAT DOOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20/08/2006 at 10:41
Thread hopping in between trying to do something constructive Hipps,

Hop threads,

put on cd

get mug of hot ginger

work through to the end of CD. I'm stuck on Mozarts requiem at the mo.

Then early lunch and nap and try to get out with chain folk.
20/08/2006 at 10:47
Sounds nice Stickless

Ive just tidied the kitchen
20/08/2006 at 10:52
Ah well, back to harmonic functions and some really nasty approximations. All for son#3, who is writing up lecture notes for publication..

(I wouldn't touch harmonic functions with bargepole you understand, eeeuugh, scary stuff.)
20/08/2006 at 10:53
oh no

not harmonic funvtions-------
20/08/2006 at 11:14
There's no accounting for taste. Rumour has it that someone loves these things.

Our kitchen is going to get destroyed in a month. Scary. We've had it for 22 years.
20/08/2006 at 11:20
oooooooooooh
new kitchen

what colour scheme?
20/08/2006 at 11:53
Actually the same as was: cork floor, pale yellow cabinets, grey-pink granite worktops, yellow-pink wall tiles. the differences will be-

I will not actually have to get down on hands and knees with a match to light oven,

there will be room for a kitchen table,

the freezer will move back into the kitchen,

the tumble dryer will no longer routinely be shaken to bits by the washing machine underneath.

I am sentimental about the old stove though. I think it must be about 75 years old, and we are good friends. Sad to replace a good friend. Sad also to replace my beloved extra-thick cork tiles, which hubby and I put in ourselves when we were young and foolish. I've bounced full milk bottles on those tiles. I doubt I will managed that with the replacements.

Had to happen though. It was getting beyond a joke, even allowing for me being me and hubby being hubby.
20/08/2006 at 11:54
Oh yes, and the cupboards will actually have doors, and the doors will actually open and close.
20/08/2006 at 12:09
stickless, how can you do that to your kitchen. Doors on cupboards, oh no

akshully i did that to my 25 year old kitchen 3 years ago...... found out who my friends were by those who fed us for three weeks and those who said 'didn't pop in cos i knew you couldn't make acup of tea'....

been out hippo only for about three secondsm but am bright red and sweaty eeeow

did try out my new toy - Lateral Thigh Trainer...thought it would be hilarious and i was right, but it in't bad at all good warm up and great laughing and the whiny american on the dvd....

off for my shah now

20/08/2006 at 12:57
ah hello francy, three secs is better than duck.

I'm thinking of taking out a contract with the mediterranean cuisine joint round the corner...

zzz time now, and then see if I am brave enough to find the chain folk.
20/08/2006 at 16:44
Hello Hipps and Sticks and Francy :o)

And everyone else who may be around.

I WANT A NEW KITCHEN - NOW
It was in the 5 year plan that was made 7 years ago and doesn't look like happening within the next 3 or 4.
I'm sure I'd be able to cook if I had a new kitchen!

Have done a family ploddle followed by a solo ploddle to get the car to rescue the family!!
It was luvverly out though and I got licked by a herd of bullocks! They must have liked the smell of me!!
19,921 to 19,940 of 40,155 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.