Too Train or not to Train

This is the question

7 messages
30/07/2013 at 10:40

Hi

I am on Wekk 8 of my half marathon training, my recovery week.  I did a long run on Sunday of 9.6 miles my longest so far and it felt good.  Yesterday I had a niggly pain on the inside of my left hand which went away by the end of the day.  It is back again today.  I am supposed to do a 45 minute run today and dont know whether to run or rest to get rid of this ache first, otherwise I feel fine.

I could swop my run for one of the other two 20 minutes runs that I have to do this week.  I think that I maybe able to run this off, but dont want to make it worse.

What do you all think, rest or run!

30/07/2013 at 11:39

pain in hand?

run!!!

seren nos    pirate
30/07/2013 at 11:42

left hand hurting

30/07/2013 at 12:35

Sorry I must have got distracted when typing that message its not my hand its the inside of my left ankle

What do you think? 

30/07/2013 at 14:38

I think you should stay out of the sun!

I'd head out on a route that you could bail out of half way if the niggle doesn't go away, and just take it easy.  If it feels really bad, you could always walk home.

30/07/2013 at 15:45

Thanks Nessie thats sounds like a good idea, my ankle ache has not gone away today so I think that I will swop my runs around and just do 20 minutes tonight.  Hopefully by my next run on Thursday of 45 minutes it will be gone, if not I will just have to "man up"

seren nos    pirate
30/07/2013 at 16:22

hope it goes well LL

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.