tooth extraction

having a tooth extracted tomorrow

13 messages
02/04/2012 at 20:43
Hi all

I am having a tooth removed tomorrow I know I won't be able to run for a couple of days. Am doing vlm 2 weeks on sunday, am worried it won't have healed in time. Any one had a tooth removed 2 and a bit weeks before a marathon. Will I be ok

Thanks Paula
02/04/2012 at 22:21
I know someone who had a scale and polish and couldn't run for months!! Seriously do we have April Fool's week now or something????
02/04/2012 at 22:24
I've had several extractions and apart from not running immediately afterwards I have never had any problems. If the the site of the extraction is giving you problems after 48 hours or more then you should contact your dentist.  Unless there is some huge unforeseen problem the you should be fine for London.  Good luck .
02/04/2012 at 22:26
Oh yeah shoot the f**king messenger
03/04/2012 at 08:26
You will be fine after 48 hours to run as long as no complications.
03/04/2012 at 19:43

I had a wisdom tooth out a couple of weeks ago. That afternoon, I went on a brisk walk. The next day I ran seven miles. Mind you, it didn't really stop bleeding for four days .

Just saying, you'll be fine.

03/04/2012 at 19:48
I had 4 wisdom teeth out under a general anaesthetic. My only advice is this, if someone makes you soup to help you recover and forgets to tell you it is spicy parsnip, don't ea it!! Spicy soup plus open wound in the mouth = serious pain!

You'll be fine for the marathon though. I was back to work in 2 days and fine within a week.
03/04/2012 at 19:50
Well had tooth removed, was a straight forward extraction told not to run for couple of days so should b ok if don't get an infection. It will b nice to have couple of days off actually. So fingers crossed for 22nd April. thanks for putting my mind at rest.
04/04/2012 at 08:45
De nada
08/04/2012 at 16:15
Tom Goom wrote (see)
I had 4 wisdom teeth out under a general anaesthetic.

Did you manage to eat solids afterwards? 

I found it annoying enough trying to keep crunchy bits away from one side of my mouth. Can't imagine trying to avoid both sides, top and bottom .

21/09/2012 at 15:30
So what happened? How did the race go? I'm very curious because I'm in the same boat currently. It's two weeks and a couple days from the Chicago Marathon and I'll have a tooth extracted tomorrow morning. I'm really worried about everything going smoothly. It is an abscessed tooth and I'm on antibiotics.
WiB
21/09/2012 at 15:50

When I was younger I had 4 out and went out and played football in the afternoon. No pain at all but plenty of blood! It was fine by the following day. Could heal a broken leg in 2 weeks, you'll have no issues 

Edited: 21/09/2012 at 15:51
WiB
21/09/2012 at 16:56
Thanks for the boost in confidence...I've had a string of bad luck this month...eye injury, bizarre skin condition, heal pain/ stress fracture pain, so this was I felt the last nail in the coffin. Dentist office is giving me over the top advise on refraining from physical activity...I guess the concern is about the clot mostly.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
13 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.