Torn Calf Muscle

2 messages
09/03/2009 at 11:27

Ive apparentley torn my calf muscle whilst playing football last friday......(at 37 im still clinging to my footie playing days)......as i was running i felt a pop in my calf and that was it.........Saturday morning it felt so bad i went to A&E as  i was worried it was something more serious.....i was just examined (no scan etc)....was told id propably torn my calf muscle and it will heal itself in 6 to 8 weeks..

Has anyone else done this......and how long before i can at least jog ( footie can wait) ....im 3 days on now and i m suprised how quickly its settled...i can walk now but its still feels like ive got a cut on the back of my leg.......but from saturday to now .....its improved much more than i imagined so at this rate i cant see me been out for 8 weeks...can i?

10/03/2009 at 13:50

My husband tore his calf muscle and he was out of action for a few months.  May be worth visiting a sports physio as they will be more helpful than A&E.

It really depends how bad the tear was.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.