Training and injury advice needed please

1 message
08/10/2013 at 10:48

Hi There, I am having some trouble with my calves and wanted some advise. I know this is a topic that comes up with runners quite frequently but thought I could maybe ask some specific advise. I have been running for about a year but only recently completed my first 10k. I run about 12 miles per week but last week, 1 mile into a nice gentle run, both of my calves suffered real pain and i had to stop and limped home. i have running shoes but have an appointment booked to have my gait anaylsed but until i have this and seen a physio, I'm slightly scared to get back out there in case i seriously hurt my muscles - can anyone advise on any excercises that can keep my fit until i have resolved this? And any tips to help with resolving it?

Also, I have been told that a woman of my size (5'2'') should weigh about 20 pounds less than what I am to be a successful runner. I want to train for a marathon in the next few months and thought I could try to lose these pounds but I don't seem to lose any weight whilst I am trying to up my mileage - any tips or advice would be hugely appreciated. 

Thanks guys x

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.