Tremulous Tums but Thinking Thin Thrusday 21st Club

81 to 93 of 93 messages
21/11/2002 at 15:45
FionaH

Sad to say, I can actually top your friend - about to ride into the ring (well, a flat bit of field marked out with cones) when a mouse coughs in the bushes next to us (or something equally frightening but undetectable to human senses). Jester flies off sideways, and I'm so busy thinking about getting the entrance right I can't keep my seat and go off over the shoulder. In front of everyone.

Catch him, get back on, go in, trot down centre line, halt at X, rear enormously. At least kept my seat that time though.

Happy days!

Anyway, no running tonight, as being festively cultural (going to see the Nutcracker in Mancs) so next session will be long cycle to work tomorrow, and possibly three miles easy run at luchtime if I'm up to it.

Thought I'd best mention running, having dragged the thread off on an equine tangent.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
21/11/2002 at 16:30
Afternoon all!
90% of the shopping done now!
Did have a chicken whopper and chips for lunch but shopping took 5hrs so that was loadsa walking and weight lifting of bags! Need to hide shopping from son now!
Welcome Tulips!
Cath - thinking of you... do take care.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
21/11/2002 at 16:31
oh v-rap my blodd group ... O RH positive is that the boring common one?
21/11/2002 at 18:10
Okay got the choccie orange snowball and made a start at lunch ... yum! But didn't get eclair which is fine and dandy because Onc. didn't need encouragement this time anyway - drip was in first time :o) wheeeee! first time since first treatment. No nausea but no tea to encourage ut either :o(
21/11/2002 at 22:29
WHAT, JUST WHAT, I MEAN WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?
Have I entered the twighlight zone...I hear whispers of other people about...
did someone release a deadly forum virus while i was gone and now you have all gone weird and I am the only sane one???????????????
21/11/2002 at 22:31
Old international single thread rescue is going to have to get busy on the general forum...Ill get straight onto the bat phone to a chimp writes!
21/11/2002 at 22:36
TALK TO ME SOMEONE.............
Normally I have to drink heavily to get to this stage!
21/11/2002 at 22:59
Hi all. Good to be back. I was quite paranoid for a bit - thought RW had finally caught up with me and chucked me out. BBB, was it really you who blew the fuse?

EP, yes, you've got the common one. But it's useful - your blood could potentially be given to 5 out of every 6 people (everyone who's not rhesus negative). As always, it's not quite that simple.

Which of us could donate blood to which others is a recurring topic of discussion among my strange offspring because we cover most of the range between us - O negative all the way through to AB positive, with only two (Kevin and Tinkerbell) the same as one another. Being rhesus negative myself, I was able to find out all the kids' blood groups at birth.

I got lots of work done while the forums were down, then spent a fortune on Amazon. That's the kids' Christmas presents sorted out - I wish! All those documentary sets on DVD are really just the things I wanted to watch myself and didn't get round to.

21/11/2002 at 23:04
Yipee Im not mad...hiyah v-rap, never been so glad to see a scary dinosaur!
21/11/2002 at 23:07
>>ROARRRRRRR...er...squeeeeeeeak<<

I'm always delighted to see Mr Simpson. Hi BBB. How's life in the Great Temple of Healing these days?
21/11/2002 at 23:09
Too busy V-rap its really screwing with my training!
My little fella was 5 today...now I feel old! Did mean more beer and party food though.
I believe you went for the booze..I'm sure the teachers will be delighted!
How was your day?
21/11/2002 at 23:20
Happy birthday to the little fella. Did he have a good party?

I went for the booze in a big way (lots of kids = lots of teachers. And heads, and deputies, and secretaries, and heads of catering who give Kevin extra pizza). Might have difficulty resisting the temptation to sample some of it. I suppose the best present I could give the teachers is a stash of Valium, but there might be a few little ethical issues there.

Not too bad a day except for grotty dismal rain and absence of daylight.

Now I'm having my last unearned plate of sponge and custard because training begins again tomorrow.
21/11/2002 at 23:31
This evening was his third cake, thats what you get in the modern family where there are three sets of grandparents!
Both kids get spoilt rotten being the only 'youngies'in a large family.
I could do with some of those valium v-rap big bad boss type man coming form the states tomorrow! Time to earn my crust and raise some more pennies for research! So must go and get some sleep!
Take care
Hope things are a little more normal in the morning!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 93 of 93 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.