"Two stone off" 2013

Support for losing weight in 2013

141 to 160 of 259 messages
23/04/2013 at 23:17

Opens fridge. Looks at cheese. Shuts fridge and makes cut of peppermint tea.

30lb is very impressive. Id be happy with 5lb at the moment. Hope everyone's running going well, I seem to be getting niggle after niggle, but managed 5 miles tonight relatively pain free.

23/04/2013 at 23:51
I tried Morrison's Liquorice tea, sounds terrible but really good
25/04/2013 at 21:57

Catalin Bond..I'm with you at the moment. too many niggles. Had a week off with a bad cough and now hamstring playing up. Which is weird as not run for a week!  Going to try a gentle few miles in the morning to see if lungs and legs OK

28/04/2013 at 11:53

Hello.  I started running 9 years ago, and improved steadily, doing 3 Great South Runs and various 5 & 10k races.  About 2 years ago I started getting one-after-the-other injury niggles.  I was training for a half marathon, and got to 11 miles and then it seemed my body wouldn't let me go any further.    Last year I missed ALL of the races for which I'd entered either due to injury or illness, and have now been off running completely (except for the odd mile or so, done VERY slowly) for about 5 months.  I have also put on 2 stone.  

I wasn't exactly svelte to start with, but now I am definitely fat, and I hate it.  At my height (5'4") I should be under 10st, but I am *coughs* 'middle-aged' and looking back at my records have been pretty consistently around 11 stone for the last 5 years, so though I'd love to get back to 10st I probably should be realistic and aim for 11.  I plan to start running again, though probably run/walking for quite a while.  Anyway, I need to lose, and to run, so here I am...

29/04/2013 at 11:44

Weigh in time, I'm 13st 12 1/2 from 14 st 2, 3 1/2 lbs in 5 weeks mind you several marathons in there with plenty carb additions 

29/04/2013 at 13:44

Good work EKGO.

I've been ill since last Tuesday (still nowhere near 100% but at work)  which has meant absolutely no exercise. +0.4lbs

29/04/2013 at 13:58

I want 13st 6 by mid june

30/04/2013 at 21:13

Had 44lbs to lose now 40.5lbs.  First run back since February tomorrow night, fingers crossed!

01/05/2013 at 00:03

Hi Guys,

first post here. started a new exercise and diet routine at turn of year. Currently at98 kg, down from 112 in Jan.  found the gym bug successfully, going 2-3 times a week. Mixed excercise but increasing treadmill runs to 5k.  Did a 10k 6 Years ago, and thinking about another.

hoping to use forum for next boost aiming for 88kg by August.  will post progress updates 

04/05/2013 at 09:23

Morning weigh in. -2lb. 

Now lets see if I can keep up the controlled eating for the coming week...

04/05/2013 at 11:28

-2 Nice I'm having a good week but have another long one sunday so will be building the old Pasta mountain again later on

06/05/2013 at 07:52

Well another Marathon Sunday and lost 3lbs for the week, down to 13 st 10

06/05/2013 at 12:36

Hi everyone,

I've been out of action for 8 weeks due to to a badly sprained ankle and true to form have managed to lose a whole heap of muscle and gain a load of fat. I still can't do any running but I am now allowed to start doing a bit of gym work so I figure now is a good a time as any to start trying to lose a bit. I hate the additional wobbly bit's I've gained. Like you Anne, I'm short (4ft 10) and currently weigh 9st 7lb so I definitely need to lose a bit. I'd really like to get down to 8st 7lb whilst increasing muscle so that's gonna be a challenge (I think).

So, here goes......!

07/05/2013 at 15:49

Hello.  Can I join in too?

I was a regular runner from 1999 to 2007, albeit a slow one.  I ran 10 marathons and about 25 halfs plus a few shorter ones, and ran 4-5 times a week.

Then I had babies.

I reckon I've run about 100 miles in the last 5 years.  Preganancy, C-section recovery, work, miscarriage, family, another pregnancy, another C-section recovery, sick mother etc, all got in the way. 

I got up to 15st 8lb when I went into hospital to have my first baby - and given I'm only 5'4", that's almost spherical.  Got back down to 11st 10lb but had crept back up to 12st and settled there before my last pregnancy.

I started running again in January (littlest was in nursery a couple of days a week, so I got some "me" time) and I got down to 11st 7lb before coming back to work in Februray.  Ran a 5k in March, but then have had a nasty cough cold for the last 7 weeks and have only run 3 times, very slowly.  Weight has crept back up to 11st 11lb, mostly due to sitting at a desk all day.

I'd love to get down to 10st - although that's high-end of ideal weight range, I'm "voluptuous" so just look scrawny if much below that.

I'm going on holiday in 6 weeks, and am aiming for 11st by then.  Unfortunately weekend activities for the kids are not terribly active for me - going swimming, I tend to have to float around in the toddler pool keeping an eye on the 17 month old, or stand in the water catching the almost 5-year-old practicing her jumping in.  Trips to the park consist of pushing swings or supervising the see-saw.  I always plan a run at the weekend, but then it's Sunday night and I don't know where the time has gone.

I have started reducing portions - like others have mentioned, I tended to give myself the same amount as I gave my 5'11" 16st husband.  I also need to stop buying Chocolate Digestives.

Having breast fed little 'un up until 6 weeks ago, I have rediscovered the Saturday night glass of red, and will not relinquish that without a fight.  Just need to watch that it doesn't overflow into other nights...............

08/05/2013 at 15:04

Hello, I just found myself here because I looked at a photo of myself running 10K on Monday and realised how fat, red-faced and miserable I look compared to race photos a year ago. What's the point, I thought, in signing up for another race in a couple of weeks, when I nearly came last a year ago and now I'm, I don't know, a stone, two stone heavier?

Stupid thing is a) I finished on Monday, I didn't stop and I didn't come last, and b) I've actually been following a proper diet plan and feeling like I might get somewhere (albeit only since Sunday, but you have to start when you start).

I'm beating myself up because I'd lost 7 stone on WeightWatchers and now I'm only down 5, and because I'm a minute a mile slower, but how on earth am I going to get slimmer and faster if I mope about, quit running and don't watch what I eat?

I'm 40 in April and I want a BMI of under 25. A normal weight. I haven't been a normal weight since I was at school. That means I've 40lb to shift before I'm 40. Just 8lb and I'm back in the 'overweight' category instead of obese. That'd be nice for starters. Time to make it happen.

08/05/2013 at 18:16

Welcome Nessie and Kathryn!

Lets do it!!!!

K80
08/05/2013 at 18:50
Running for me wrote (see)

Had 44lbs to lose now 40.5lbs.  First run back since February tomorrow night, fingers crossed!

Simonfesta wrote (see)

Hi Guys,

first post here. started a new exercise and diet routine at turn of year. Currently at98 kg, down from 112 in Jan.  found the gym bug successfully, going 2-3 times a week. Mixed excercise but increasing treadmill runs to 5k.  Did a 10k 6 Years ago, and thinking about another.

hoping to use forum for next boost aiming for 88kg by August.  will post progress updates 

Anne Rogers wrote (see)

Morning weigh in. -2lb. 

Now lets see if I can keep up the controlled eating for the coming week...

EKGO wrote (see)

Well another Marathon Sunday and lost 3lbs for the week, down to 13 st 10

Hi Runningfor me, Simonfesta, Anne, Becky, Nessie & Kathryn

EKGO is the one to follow - IF you can complete a marathon every weekend

Seriously, well done EKGO

I've not run for 4 weeks and am too scared to sit on the scales

09/05/2013 at 10:01

Ha! No, I couldn't complete a marathon on any weekend. I've done two halves in the space of a decade and both were horrible on the day. I can do 10K every weekend though, so you've inspired me to sign up for the Oxford Town and Gown on Sunday. Hoping to get inside an hour and ten for the first time this year. It's flat and early so there's hope!

Edited: 09/05/2013 at 10:01
12/05/2013 at 11:36

Well, I'm pleased to say I've lost 3lb this week having started the fasting diet  This is manageable for me because I can't exercise much at the moment and so tiredness isn't really a problem, but I'm not sure what I'll do once I'm back to full fitness... In other news, I am also extremely happy that this morning at the gym I managed two (very) short jogs on the treadmill. A real turning point considering that 10 days ago I was still using crutches!

How is everyone else getting on?

12/05/2013 at 15:52

Confession time...Though I joined this thead, I haven't been taking the weight loss  seriously at all and in the last two weeks I've been even worse! But it's time.

In 8 weeks time, I'm off to do some mountain biking in the Alps and I need to lose a stone to make it easier. I find running and cycling so much harder at the moment and it's all due to being overweight.

So, goal is to lose 1st in 8 weeks and also up my fitness levels. I'll be coming more often on the thread to post my progress.

Hope everyone else is doing really well.

141 to 160 of 259 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.