Two stone off!

Support for losing weight between now and April 2012.

881 to 889 of 889 messages
02/09/2012 at 07:39
So 3 months on how's everyone getting on, on the remote off chance that you see this?!

I'm still training up for Chester, possibly a mistake throwing in another marathon but it's kept my mileage high and I've lost the 3lbs I put on after Manchester. Haven't lost any additional though and would love to lose another 1/2 stone which would take me to 3 in total. May search for another thread on here to help push me. Hope everyone's ok....
05/11/2012 at 10:50

Hi Andy, got down to fighting weight, did London and relaxed. Kept most of it off, just 7lb knocking about I could appreciate losing but that's work in progress. Not running nearly enough but back in London next year so that and the 7lbs will take care of themselves. Might be time to kick start the thread for next year's willing participants.
Hope all well with you, yours and the rest of us loseres

19/03/2013 at 14:33

Consider it kickstarted!

I am back up to 15 and a half stone (from around 14 stone) after a winter of laziness and eating (which is what winters are for in my opinion). Damaged my rotator cuff which meant I didn't play squash this year which has resulted in my weight creeping up. Getting my legs back up to speed through the tried and tested couch to 5k plan, starting again at week 5, and am aiming to do 2 or 3 Park Runs every month combined perhaps with an Autumn 10k. I am going to combine this with a return to moderation on the eating front.

Target weight is 13 and a half stone (13 stone 4 actually) so I am yet again looking to lose over two stone.

Anyone care to join me?

19/03/2013 at 16:08

Yes, lets do it!! I've had a couple of injuries but nothing serious. Running going well at the mo: taken 3 and a half minutes off my parkrun time since Christmas, and want to target another 30 seconds off by the end of the month..... well, something close to it. First triathlon in May, and Chester marathon in October, with a couple of 10Ks dotted in and around these. Oh, and also doing a 'longest parkrun' in June: 7 parkruns in a day.

But experience tells me that running itself isn't going to shift much weight: still want to lose a couple of stone. Should we re-launch the thread "Two stone off 2013"?

19/03/2013 at 16:22

I'm in! Still got it to lose after a rubbish running year last year!  Got a space for London and having to defer to next year not been able to train as been so poorly.

19/03/2013 at 18:18
I'm in and great idea... Now I've cheated slightly by not putting on much of the 2 1/2 stone I lost, just a couple of lbs, but I would like to lose at least a stone still.

Good to hear that you're back out there Grant and sorry to hear about your 'rotator cuff', I admit to not knowing I had one.....

The parkrun times sound impressive Dan, I must have a look on Run Britain to see how you've got on, I admit I haven't looked for a while. I'm 90% likely to sign up to Chester, and hearing your news has just nudged that up a bit... I did it in October and it's unbelievably well organised. Triathlons as well though, that's good...

I've signed up to a charity challenge to do 20 13s in 2013, ie 20 Half Marathon events, so am doing lots of running but still feel I'm carrying more weight than ideal for such a challenge.

So bring it on. I guess we should start a new thread, and is the timescale December 2013? Or another date?
19/03/2013 at 18:25
Oh and apologies Straycelt for missing your post! Hope you can get back on board...
20/03/2013 at 09:14
Dan Ellingworth wrote (see)

Yes, lets do it!! I've had a couple of injuries but nothing serious. Running going well at the mo: taken 3 and a half minutes off my parkrun time since Christmas, and want to target another 30 seconds off by the end of the month..... well, something close to it. First triathlon in May, and Chester marathon in October, with a couple of 10Ks dotted in and around these. Oh, and also doing a 'longest parkrun' in June: 7 parkruns in a day.

But experience tells me that running itself isn't going to shift much weight: still want to lose a couple of stone. Should we re-launch the thread "Two stone off 2013"?

Done! - http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/health--injury/two-stone-off-2013/244633.html

Edited: 20/03/2013 at 09:15
22/03/2013 at 03:04
Good work all!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
881 to 889 of 889 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.