Under-active Thyroid

Anyone else?

141 to 149 of 149 messages
26/01/2005 at 18:44
Hi HH
More questions - were you asked to have the test at a particular time in your cycle? If not, do you know what phase - it makes a difference to the LH/FSH.

Your TSH looks to be in a good place but getting at least one of the thyroid hormones tested would help to confirm/exclude TD.

I'm getting out of my depth here, but wondering about the possibility of a pituitary problem which could account for low TSH and low LH?

You really need Hippo/Vrap for this - high potassium should be of concern I think - I have no idea if 4.5 is high enough to be a problem. Are you on any medication, been injured, had surgery? You could post these results on a new injury thread for Hippo/Vrap to look at. They will probably be of more help.
26/01/2005 at 19:25
Popping in briefly
That potassium is totally normal
Tired all the time--a bloody difficult one
I have it myself
But i also thinkpeople do expect too much of themselves(BTW LMH I dream of times like yours)

Shirl, my depression i guess is the job-long story
and crhrnic low self esteeem
27/01/2005 at 09:55
Hi Shirl,

Thanks for you advice. They didn't ask me to go in at a particular time in my cycle, but it worked out to be the 3rd day.

I'm not on medication, had surgery or been injured.

Hipps - I appreciate some people expect a lot of themselves. I struggle to get through a normal working week (and I don't work extra long hours!).

Thanks to you both.
28/01/2005 at 12:24
Hippo - I dream of being to able to run for as long as you. :-)

Can't say I've noticed any difference since I doubled my thyroxine dose - guess it's too soon. My skin seems to be getting drier though and my tiredness progressing as my jab approaches, headaches increasing too. Such is life.
31/01/2005 at 08:31
Shirl - when will I feel a difference if the increased dose of thyroxine is having an effect? I'm sooo tired and down, don't know what is causing which 'symptoms' or the best way to tackle them. I know I have to shift my jab date (can't have it when I'm in Oz) but am loathe to try to tackle my GP again as he's likely to say that I have to wait for the results of the thyroxine increase - but if that's after my blood test it will be too late to adjust the timing of this jab and bring them gradually forward.

Sorry, looking for answers I can't expect you to have.
04/02/2005 at 12:45
Got my blood tests back (usual annual thyroid, plus RA test due to joint pain) - all normal (TSH 0.91, FT4 16.1) so no RA - why does my thumb hurt so much then? RSI from forumming probably...
04/02/2005 at 16:52
LMG-T-S,

I have got the Rheumatoid Factor present but no finger/knee joint pain - but lower back pain/sciatica pre the anti-inflam's! But I suspect I will joining that club very shortly - after my appointment (which I am waiting for) with my Rheumatologist.

Good news on the thyroid results.

Can anyone tell me how it takes for the MedEx card to come through?

Many thanks.

Sean.
06/02/2005 at 17:19
SG - turns out the thumb pain is linked to neck pain from an old whiplash injury - went to see the osteo and she fixed it with a bit of manipulation. Bizarre how the human body works.

The Med Ex card took about 3 weeks to come for me, but if you need anything in the meantime there's a form you can fill in (at the post office?) which you can claim back costs with.

Good luck with the RA diagnosis...
08/02/2005 at 22:54
chatting to totally non medical hubby about this

losing outer third eyebrow hair, skin dry, hair dry, no energy(or me-they laff if i even suggest hypo)

he thinks I should get tested again

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
141 to 149 of 149 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.