Very painful ankle

very hurty - can you help?

3 messages
18/12/2002 at 14:39
I have been training for my first 10k (stubbington green 12/1) and I went for a fab run on Sunday, 8K. Didn't fall or twist - just had a lovely time in the mud and drizzle.
But later that evening I developed a bad pain in my right ankle/foot. It is sore just under the outside knobbly bit that sticks out. Now I am limping and have it all strapped up with tubbygrip.
But nothing seems to help it.
I have tried rest, I have tried massage, I have tried ralgex.

I need to be training!!! should I give up the idea of running in Jan?
What can i do? has anyone else had this problem? why would it develop 8 hours after my run?

Soup
21/12/2002 at 14:33
Soupy,

Am just developing the same problem, sore in the place you describe in the morning and now after runs. Ok to run on ... but I suspect that is not doing it much good, so will rest it over Christmas.

Any thoughts on a cure welcome !
21/12/2002 at 17:57
Could be that your ankle(s) had to work extra hard because of the uncertain footing.

Best of luck with it anyway Soup.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.