VLM training

injured with 12 weeks to go

4 messages
26/01/2013 at 19:21

Hi can someone with experience in running Marathons/sports injury please help?  I am on week 8 of a 20 week plan with 3 runs and cross training.  Had a minor medial foot injury which has lead to compensation in the other leg resulting in LCL.  I can't run on the leg without it giving way at the moment.  Yes I need to rest but is it feasible to still do the marathon as I can't run for say 3 weeks which will take me up on week 12 of 20?  I am on a 2 hr (13 miles) long run at the moment and have a very good standard of fitness.  I will still be able to swim, aqua jog and bike.

cougie    pirate
27/01/2013 at 23:05
See how you get on ? You can defer your place up until the day before - unless it's already been deferred that is.

Hope you get better soon.
27/01/2013 at 23:28
Thanks I would definitely do this but it's a charity place so I'm committed to raise ??1500. This being the case I have to advertise now and get my major event done and dusted. Feel awful if I have to pull out and people have put their hands in their pockets. ...
29/01/2013 at 16:08

If you havent already, i'd recommmend seeing a professional for the best advice. I'm in the same boat as you with regards to the injury during training and its knocked my confidence big time.

I think im suffering a bit from Plantar Fasciitis in my right foot after compensating for a previous knee injury on my left. I saw an Osteopath at the weekend and told me given my current level of fitness, if I rest it, and do the stretches necessary to aid the healing and muscle balance I should be ok.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.