well here is what the fuss was about.

1 to 20 of 65 messages
24/02/2007 at 21:24
"hI sCRAPPY!

I have been in the same boat as you and yes it is hard to train and motivate when depression hits. I'd say firstly, seek some counselling prior to going on anti ds (if possible). Anti D's are great when you are vry bad and nothing seems to work. Good counselling is a must in all cases(bound to say that coz I am one now). Forget targets for now and do some low pressure easy running I'd say. Eat well and don't have caffeine too late at night before you go to bed. Doing this helped me no end and the last bout I had, I handled nicely without anti D's. There is a good "Anti-depressantts and training thread" but that is for peops on them (and it appears hooked on them -though I may be wrong)

take special care of yourself now and good luck."

the above statement has been taken to mean that:

1/I am against anti-ds

2/ I believe that all anti-ds are addictive

3? I am not a worthy counsellor

4? I am ill informed

5/ A counsellor's job is to give advice (even off duty)

I tried to challenge - some understood -others just wanted to make a massive mountain outa what was written. My one post on a thread -early in the morning was followed by endless posts suggesting that the statement above meant all that - I must be going crackers.
24/02/2007 at 21:38
loada misunderstandings -oh this forum sometimes -a lot of passion and 1/2 reading from all ends of a debate can make it scary. Not going crackers -just some of my stuff being hit a bit, alongside others.

poor scrappy -thats what I say.
24/02/2007 at 22:17
feel a tit now - but only for my sloppy writing bit - .
24/02/2007 at 22:35
don't worry :)
24/02/2007 at 22:43
keep smiling , you are doing well with your non smoking , keep postive,
24/02/2007 at 22:51
yip

let me make one thing clear -my reservation about anti d's(the objects not the thread incase some get confused) is that when they are percieved as the only answer -and some still see them as. They were dished out willy nilly at one time. Some people can have an "addictive relationship" which MAY hold them onto them for longer than necessary . I believe that therapy is the best initial port of call if you can cope without meds. For those who cannot cope without meds -anti-ds are fine and often are needed to make therapy possible . The first condition of therapy is that the client has to be psychologically receptive -anti-d's may help some clients in reaching that state.

It would be unethical to suggest anything which would increase suffering - so I'd never suggest a client drops anti-ds .

some people sound like they know something but really fail to understand the basics.
24/02/2007 at 23:00
hi there :)

are you alright, me bit worried about you , has someone upset you I read this thread and got worried about you , do you want a chat :)
24/02/2007 at 23:05
I see a lady quite often because of what happened when I was younger, and she has help me no end , and helped me with what happened ,
I bet you are really great like she is and you care alot about other people , which I think is lovely , you take care x

Bugsy
24/02/2007 at 23:06
Hoose I know what you're talking about and I'm upset for you. I'm a trained counsellor too and I understood what you meant about antidepressants. I think what you said has been blown out of all proportion and also think people have been gratuitously rude to you by suggesting that you aren't properly trained or kept up to date with therapies. I'm sure you're a member of the professional body (BACP or similar) and that you would never suggest someone come off anti-ds. Also, on the other thread, the original poster said they weren't that keen on taking drugs.

Don't know about the antidepressants thread as I haven't read it. But I did see what you wrote and thought you were doing your best to be supportive.
24/02/2007 at 23:11
the hoose Goer sounds lovelly Ipod I bet she /he nice to talk and kind like the lady I see regular , she's done loads and been very understanding :)
24/02/2007 at 23:14
I'm sure he is Mrs BB - the fact that he cares so much about being misunderstood proves that.
24/02/2007 at 23:25
it sounds like he has been misunderstood Im like you have not read the thread , I hope he is alright ,

it took me years to see someone like yourselfs , I go for Psychosexual counselling and the lady has been really supportive and understanding and has helped loads

:) I'm am alot happerer in myself and about myself
24/02/2007 at 23:28
That's great Mrs BB - if you find the right counsellor it can really improve your life. I had a great counsellor as part of my training (needed it anyway!) and its made me a much happier person too.

Take care now. :o)
24/02/2007 at 23:31
thanks ipod :)

me going to bed now nighty night x
25/02/2007 at 02:47
thanks ipod - somebody E mailed me saying they want this thread deleted by moderator -God knows why.

Yip I am a BACP member and work within that framework. My qua;ifications are sound and so are my ethics. I would never suggest coming off asnti-ds -not down to me.

the word "agendas"does spring to mind -oh well what do I know
25/02/2007 at 02:52
Here is the E mail

"I'm just emailing you to let you know I have reported your What's all the fuss about thread to the moderator.

I think, as I said on the original thread,where you made your ridiculous comments that you were totally out of order."

THIS THREAD!!!??? - I mean
25/02/2007 at 03:26
what is at the top of this thread IS exactly what I said on the other -some peops have criticised without reading it, it appears.
25/02/2007 at 06:45
(((Hoosey)))

I can see what you were trying to say and I'm horrified by the way it has been misread.
25/02/2007 at 09:05
Hoose I reported you as you know.

The reason I did is this thread and your comments on the original thread and many of your comments on other threads, greatly alarm me.

I am not out to get you, I just feel that much of what you say is so blinkered and Hoose focused that it is potentially dangerous.

I wish you well in dealing with your demons but don't think you are ready to deal with everyone else and their mental health issues with your "professional" hat on. An online running forum is not the place.

It runs the risk of doing more harm than good.
debbo    pirate
25/02/2007 at 09:26
Hoose - I hadn't looked at Scrappy's thread until now, but if I were Scrappy I'd be mighty pissed off at you for starting another thread in relation to it.

Scrappy posted asking for advice about depression - so people were only likely to read that thread if they had something to offer or were interested in depression.

If you start a thread called 'here's what all the fuss is about' many people on this forum will look because like me they think 'I wonder what that Hoose is on about now'.

Result - Scrappy gets his/her business broadcast to a large section of the forum.

Don't you have anything better to do with your time? as a counsellor I would hope you had the ability to deal with issues like this without asking the forum to validate what you have done.
1 to 20 of 65 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.