Wet Test

and choosing shoes

6 messages
18/10/2008 at 00:00

Anyone done the Wet Test as described in the Gear section?

I am currently running in Mizuno Inspire (Stability shoe) but I am getting a pain in my left foot after 2 miles or so on the arch of my left foot, it starts as a burning pain round the arch but spreads to my whole underfoot - the right foot is fine. I am also getting twinges in my knee and hip.

This lead me to think maybe its the shoes - so I tried the Wet Test and it seems I have high arches - and the article on the site suggested I need cushioned shoes, the shoe finder recomends Wave Creation (well from the Mizuno range and I like Mizuno shoes). I have always worn stability shoes but am 50 now so perhaps my gait has changed. This is also the same leg I have previously had piriformis syndromr in

Do you think I can trust this test - anyone else bought shoes after doing this ?

OK I know I should have a video Gait Analysis but there are so expensive - Advanced Performance are good and free if you buy the shoes but thats a 200 mile trip for me 

Any advice welcome

Edited: 18/10/2008 at 00:01
18/10/2008 at 00:05

Yes, didn't work for me.  The wet test suggested I was "neutral".  Gait analysis showed I was high arched but a moderate overpronator.

It's a small world - Advance Performance is where I go.  I think it's worth the 100 mile round trip.

Nam
18/10/2008 at 00:06
wet foot test alone is insufficient in determining whether a shoe will suit your gait.
18/10/2008 at 00:12

Mr Bump

You could be right - well I know your right and will maybe have to go but 200 miles is a long drive. I live near Heathrow Airport so I may try to find somewhere nearer. But had one done at AP about 5 years ago and they were spot on with the shoes. I was wearing AAsics 2010 amd they put me in Mizuno Elixr

18/10/2008 at 06:33
don't do it!!!!!  pain and woe will be yours! Beware the Ides of March
18/10/2008 at 08:20
But its October

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.