when to run

shin splint

2 messages
06/07/2012 at 16:33

I injured my leg about 3 weeks ago whilst training for a half marathon. But it has started to feel better and can now jump and run on it without any pain, but it seems bruised when i touch it . The half marathon is this Sunday and really want to do it. Should i leave it, to let my leg completly heal up? Or should i risk it and go for it after months of training on my own ? Im really stuck on what i should do dont want to end up with a bad leg again but really hate the thought of not joining in with the half

07/07/2012 at 11:53

Personally I would attempt the race as long as I have no pain with 24 hours of the start, but if you feel any pain during the race, no matter how small, STOP!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.