Why does my bottom hurt !!

4 messages
17/04/2006 at 22:22
I started running again at the start of last year, since then have completed a couple of 5Ks, 10K and Half Marathon and have a few more runs organised for the rest of the year.

When I started back I was concerend about my knees but thankfully they have been holding out well.

My problem is with the left side of my bum, it doesnt hurt when i run but there is a constant niggle when I am sitting. It's not as if it's extremely painful, so hav'nt spoken to my GP about it, but is a pain !!

Anyone got any ideas ??
17/04/2006 at 22:48
Is it right at the top of your leg? Could be the deep muscle at the top of your hamstring - I pulled this abit a few years ago striding up some long shallow steps too quickly, and it was really sore when I sat down, but fine at other times. It did go away in time.
18/04/2006 at 00:46
There is a good stretch in the stretching guide in the quicklinks. In the deeper stretches bit, you sit cross-legged and lean forward, your thighs are parallel to each other though, not pointing out to the side. Gives a good stretch in the base of the buttock.

TT ;0)
21/06/2013 at 22:32

Edited: 22/06/2013 at 09:06

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.