Words of Wisdom Wanted!

to help with diabetes UK sponsorship!

4 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
26/09/2002 at 14:35
This is for anyone who has experiences with Diabetes or has some sound medical knowledge (v-rap!?, Benz?!).
I'm training for the Reading Half Marathon and will be raising money for Diabetes UK, what I am after is some words of wisdom that I can quote as references (names can me withheld if wished)to help raise funds.
My dad has type 2 but not bad so I don't have much to say from experience and I feel that people respond better when they can relate to a subject. If anyone can help me I would be very appreciative!
26/09/2002 at 19:31
It's probably an obvious question - but have you asked Diabetes UK for help? Most charities have press departments who are (usually) pleased to help out.
Failing that, you could try the diabetes clinic at your local General Hosp - they are very helpful.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
26/09/2002 at 22:21
I did recieve a runners pack with stats and stuff but it's all very formal ... wondered if anyone had some human comments and input!
15/02/2005 at 23:23
Hey Pix,

Sorry it's miles too late but there is an excellent sire for this - www.runsweet.com

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.