16 week training plan for VLM onto Garmin 610?

Struggling to get this working.....

4 messages
15/11/2012 at 23:48

Hi, I've got a place in the VLM in 2013 and I'm looking for a 16 week training plan to get me as close to 4 hours as possible.

I've read / seen there are RW plans that can be downloaded to a Garmin Forerunner 610 that I've just got, but I can't seem to get this to register on the my Garmin Connect site.

Has anyone posted step by step instructions to achieve this, or is this not possible?

I've searched and found other posts of members looking for similar gidance, but no specific answer.

Thanks in advance

Tim

16/11/2012 at 08:43
You will need to import the file into Garmin Training Centre (not Garmin connect)
If you look on the Garmin Website, they have a beginner, intermediate, and advanced marathon plans and there are some basic instructions on how to download to training centre, and then on to your forerunner watch. Same process for the RW Garmin plans. The software for Training Centre is on the Garmin site too - you need to start with this
16/11/2012 at 09:26

Timm

If you are considering a 16 week program have you thought about the FIRST training plan? Unfotunately it's not downloadable to a Garmin - but is well worth a look, and is based on only 3 runs per week and can be tailor made around your most recent 10k/half marathon time. 

Let me know if you are interested and I will be able to help you put together a plan!(again not downloadable - sorry!!)

16/11/2012 at 09:31

Thanks for the feedback - I'll check out the GTC and Rob, I'll look into the FIRST program and if you can help with a plan it would be much appreciated - I'll get back to you.

Many thanks

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.