1st marathon - what to wear!!

4 messages
15/04/2012 at 21:46

This is my first marathon and while i've got my running vest for my charity i'm a bit confused over what to wear for the start of the race!  i'm figuring it will get really cold hanging around but once our bags are in - do people still wear a jumper of sorts or jut freeze in their vests?

this may be a thick quetion but would rather not be stood freezing my a** of for an hour or so!!

thanks

Hels

cougie    pirate
15/04/2012 at 21:52
Take an old top you don't mind throwing away a few mins before the start ? And a bin bag over the top to keep you warm. Sorted.
16/04/2012 at 06:46
I think you get one of those plastic pull on bag things in the race pack at The Excel. Check this week when you collect. But an old top as Cougie says, and it gets recycled for charity anyway so it's a double win!
16/04/2012 at 07:27
You don't stand around for that long.  The place is so crowded that you keep each other warm, but if you are concerned then an old top or a bin bag is a good idea.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.