2:59 pacer dropout

What happened to the pacer?

41 to 43 of 43 messages
23/04/2013 at 12:39

PP - I measured 26.3 too.  That's the shortest London I've ever done!

23/04/2013 at 15:19

My Garmin gave me 26.19 but I did follow the racing line as much as possible which I didn't find too tricky after the first mile or 2 and didn't need to do too much weaving after then either. Splits totally out for Canary Wharf of course but think it pretty much worked itself out in the end. I use autolap as don't trust myself to remember to press lap every mile and at London there's too much going on.

Edited: 23/04/2013 at 15:20
24/04/2013 at 00:11

I'm relieved the 4.30 pacer is recovering ok, he collapsed literally at my feet - one second he looked a bit wobbly, the next he had hit the ground. It was pretty warm at that stage though (about 21 miles?) so heat exhaustion wouldn't have surprised me. I paced myself, but still think it's a hugely worthwhile thing to do and I'm sure helps many to achieve their goals.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 43 of 43 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.