26.2 Asics Pro Team

11 messages
28/11/2011 at 12:01
Hi, could anyone let me know if they have heard results for the 26.2 Asics Pro team - Paris Marathon please?  I know the training day is on  Friday and so would have thought the selected winners would have been contacted yet?
28/11/2011 at 19:50
The shortlisted runners were contacted a couple of weeks ago.
29/11/2011 at 10:51
This may help.
http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/event-editorial/asics-target-262-apply-now/7418.html
Whatever the outcome keep the faith!
29/11/2011 at 17:59
Just wondered how you knew that shortlisted runners were contacted a couple of weeks ago?  The competition only finished just over two weeks ago!
29/11/2011 at 19:08
RW posted it on their Facebook page. Ironically they haven't bothered to mention it on the forum despite claiming the forum is essential to the whole process...
29/11/2011 at 19:15

I entered this, but didn't receive an acknowledgement of entry so not even sure if it was received. I have Friday booked off (provisionally) just in case, but there isn't much time now for travel/accommodation arrangements

The note at the foot of the above link from John states:

'Longlisted candidates will be notified no later than Wednesday November 30'

so I was sort of hoping for a phone call tomorrow, but if successful applicants were notified a couple of weeks ago...

29/11/2011 at 19:24

Sorry, just seen Wobbled's second post.

I am a bit disappointed to have had no acknowledgement of my entry (and have been sitting eagerly by my inbox/phone for weeks) only to now discover that an announcement has been made on a completely different website. I know the original RW page only stated that those who were longlisted would be notified but I would have thought an announcement on the RW site to say that had been done would have been in order (at least to put the rest of us out of our misery).

29/11/2011 at 20:54
I agree, I have been waiting, hopeful that as I hadn't received an e-mail saying I wasn't in, that I might still stand a chance and get a phone call tomorrow   Oh well, I shall start planning what I am writing for next year's entry - nothing like being ahead of the game!
30/11/2011 at 09:03
oh man I agree!!! I thought we would hear something  today and have seen nothing
30/11/2011 at 10:21
Thanks All, I've been eagerly waiting too!  Thought that this might be the marathon debut with a little help! Totally 100% agree with you all that the variety of communication points are confusing.  Being a marketeer myself, the different communication channels are only effective when they mirror the same information and are all used in conjunction with each other.......  here endeth my speach!
30/11/2011 at 11:56
I must admit I was a bit surprised that they didn't state it in the original information that they would be announcing on Facebook - might have been a bit useful for them to have done that.  I am still hopeful that the call will come through sometime today, lol!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
11 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.