3 hour train journey to london day before marathon, ok?

7 messages
28/02/2012 at 18:27

Im debating if to go to london the fruday or saturday before the london marathon. Last year i went Friday and spent a lot of time doing nothing. So this year I think an extra nights decent sleep in my own bed would help but also there wouldbe a 3 hour train ride down getting me there for 1pm.

I  cant see this having a bad affect on my run can you? Id get to hotel and spend all day in hotel relaxing with early night.

28/02/2012 at 18:29
The only thing is if your train is delayed and Expo is closed when you go to get your race pack.
28/02/2012 at 18:31
Train arrives at 1pm so would need ot be long delay.
seren nos    pirate
28/02/2012 at 18:33
the coach always goes down on saturday and takes longer than that.never had any problems.just don't do too much shopping at the expo...
28/02/2012 at 18:35
Cheers, just drop off bag, taxi to expo then back for 4pm to rest all evening.
cougie    pirate
28/02/2012 at 20:53
I do pretty much the same. I think the expo takes more out of you than the train journey.
28/02/2012 at 22:08

Not quite the same but I drove 4 hours to Newcastle for the GNR one year and had the worst Half Marathon I've ever run by a country mile.

Personal Worst time that was slower than any time I have run even in training and I felt like death at the end.

I wouldnt do it again, (the drive or GNR)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.