8-week marathon training programme, coming back from injury?

Ouch

1 message
24/03/2013 at 20:01

Hi, first post on here. Looking for some pretty niche advice.

I am running the Edinburgh Marathon  in late May, currently nine weeks to go.

Training was going v. well up until five weeks ago when I finally realised I had peroneal tendonitis. At that time (14 weeks to go) I was running 35 miles per week plus inc. tempo, intervals and LSR 16 miles five weeks on trot. I had Parkrun down to 19.33, 1h34 halfie (training runs not race) and felt sub-3:15 might be within my grasp if everything had gone perfectly.

NOW, I have only run once in past five weeks (two-mile jog).

If my injury clears up I plan to start running again this Sunday (with eight weeks to go until Edinburgh). I also have a 20-miler booked in, three weeks before Edinburgh.

Getting back to my niche question, does anyone know of an eight-week marathon training restart programme suitable for me? And does anyone have any tips about starting back running again with just eight weeks to go 'til marathon?

Best

Dave

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.