A bit like sub-4 (but 15 minutes quicker)

Sub 3:45 Group

29,421 to 29,440 of 29,708 messages
29/11/2012 at 22:04

Not used to the cold or running in the dark ????
Ya big jessie !
Wish my $#1t runs were that good.
Are you a Tom Selleck or a Freddie Mercury Badge?

29/11/2012 at 22:30
More weedy teenager trying to be a grown up. The tash is ginger and grey yet my heead hair is dark. can't wait to shave the thing off tomorrow.

Maybe my male topiary is slowing me down?

SB
30/11/2012 at 08:13

Picture please SB !!

30/11/2012 at 12:04

Oh Dear...

SB and his Mo...

30/11/2012 at 17:30

Link not working for me SB takes me to home page !!

30/11/2012 at 17:53

Maybe its not the kind of male topiary/manshaping that you think it is Nursey, and has been censored...?

30/11/2012 at 20:03

I think I may have broken the handsome-ometer.   

Let's try again, this time with feeling...

One Mo Time...

SB

30/11/2012 at 22:55

Ah ..it works nice pic SB you dont look very happy though, are you looking forward to shaving it off ?? love the big specs very en vogue.

30/11/2012 at 23:04
It's gone...at last!! Funny though, kinda miss that little furry fella...

SB
02/12/2012 at 13:18

You should have saved it in a jar SB !! off for a long run now 

02/12/2012 at 20:44

Like an undercover Simon Pegg?

Jack Frost has already painted swirly patterns all over all the car windscreens up here. Went out at 5.50am on Saturday, n did a slow n steady 13 miler. Nothing to train for, plus the pavements were slippy, so i just enjoyed the run, and couldnt care less about the time. Ended up 8.35 pace. 654 miles so far for the year, so should be over 700 easy by year end. Got tickets for me n the boy n my brother n his son for the Dundee derby next Sunday. Should be a great atmosphere. Took my son n his pal to Lunan Bay beach late this afternoon with the dog. Huge dunes, beautiful day, with even a few brave surfers.Old man turned 66 today. Think I might need to up the days I run to balance out the stress I feel at weekends with the estranged wife n my eldest daughter.She, the daughter, is world champion texter and procrastinator, but doing appalingly with her prelim exams, and fails to grasp that what happens in May dictates the state of her cv for ever.Being away from home means I have zero influence during the week, but am the big bad wolf at the weekend, who only moans at her?

GGGGGGRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

LS

https://picasaweb.google.com/117137118156010321821/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCN_-mJP_3NiPuQE#5817454939615092002

Edited: 02/12/2012 at 21:03
02/12/2012 at 20:55
Very difficult situation Stoker but you have to be consistent.
I remember delivering to a little business next to one of the Dundee grounds and the lads there explained how close the grounds were, is it fifty yards corner flag to corner flag?

A decent week's running, 5 last Saturday, club Monday and Thursday and an 8 mile slightly hilly route today, all comfortable. Next week I'll add in a tempo run and then it's a matter of gradually building mileage for a half in January.

I thought Simon Pegg too SB...

Are big specs coming back then? I have seen a few about.
02/12/2012 at 21:09

Hope the pic worked. The future pension plan is on the left.
Only derby in the world where the away team meet at their own ground then at 1.30ish, wander up or down the road by foot. Keep it up Puffo. I think its more like a pitching wedge, maybe a 9 iron....

Just noticed the link gives all the pics that I emptied off my phone. Feel free to flick back! Nothing incrininating!

http://www.footballderbies.com/stadium/index.php?id=36

Edited: 02/12/2012 at 21:17
03/12/2012 at 22:03

Nice pictures Stoker, I can see why your daughter might be a handful.  My mum is 76 today, spooky.

Puffy Junior has got a trial with Man Utd!!  It's a great start for any young referee.

Club night tonight, hard work to even maintain 8mm but very pleased to be able to do it after yesterday's "long" run.

Rest tomorrow then try a Tempo run on Wednesday.

04/12/2012 at 16:29

It's Offical!

It's OK to run at a steady pace, work hard up the hills and just enjoy the ride. No need to bust a gut on every run!!
Now, I knew that but doing it has been a problem recently. Had a cracking 6 miler today, took it steady, attacked the inclines and relaxed the other side. 7.12 average and happy with that! Such a contrast to my last run. Recent injury niggles were nowhere to be seen.

Maybe I felt good because I'd just secured 7 tickets to England v Brazil in February for just £100!

SB

08/12/2012 at 21:01

Mr P - Well done your lad, but can he remain unaffected by the icey stare and watch staring antics of Mr Ferguson?

SB - Its certainly ok to do most runs at a slow-steady pace, more than one, most two faster runs per week will just cause injuries to most.

Speaking of slow steady pace, 16.7m in Wolds with 2500ft up and same down on frozen muddy trails in a lovely low sun today in about 3.5hours today.... but last week I did Rudolph's Romp (24.3m of mostly trail paths with a few decent hills in there) in a PB by 11mins, 3hr35, so I don't do all my long trails runs slow - though this one is my fastest year after year.

After run today, in the small cosy village pub at Millington where we started and finished had some chips and a pint from nearby village, ALL HALLOWS (micro-)Brewery. Peg Fyfe Dark Mild (3.6%), really good, one to watch out for if it ever travels!

10/12/2012 at 14:16

Always really impressed with the ascents on your runs Euph. So glad you're not a pure runner either and reward yourself with beer and chips. Good work!

My road to the Camps Elysees started today with a 6.2 mile tempo session. Found a flat-ish route to ensure it kept with the Paris course profile and also meant I didn't benefit from fast descents. The idea was to 'work' all the way round. Managed to average 6.48 with every mile under 7 mins. really pleased as it was quite cold when I started but I did stretch properly beforehand which helped a lot I think.

One run down, 63 to go!

Stoker: How was the derby? I saw some of it on TV.

SB

10/12/2012 at 18:56

Didnt watch any of it on the telly, coz the real life experience wasnt that clever! Me n my brother took our 11yo boys as well as their cousins aged 10 n 7. Good atmosphere, and we did have to laugh as the Dundee end emptied after the 3rd goal, as the packed United end sang " Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio" to them. Just not got good enough players.

Only did one run last week which was a slow 7 n a half miler on Sunday, just to keep the wheels turning. 662 miles for the year, so I'll do at least another 38 to get over the 700 mark. Bought some Christmas presents. The old man is getting a lovely old set of bone n ebony dominoes in an oak box, I found in an antique shop in Aberfeldy last week. Ma's getting a book of John Lennon letters n telegrams from throughout his life, explaining the background to each. When the Beatles came to Dundee in 1963, Ma n Pa decided against going n instead had a snog up Lochee Park ! The wife, amongst the usual jammies, jumper etc was gonna get a Bill Hicks book, but I've started reading it, so it's now second hand.

Roll on the Christmas break, so I can alternate between gluttony n drunken debauchery and naturally occurring colonic irrigation and healthy running, which in turn justifies the initial options, and so it continues....
Throw in a coal fire that will be burning every night, and a pile of neighbours n friends who have open doors, and I might just enjoy myself......

Little Christmas Stonker

12/12/2012 at 12:56

Merry xmas all .... I presume its xmas now as TV advertising, decorations, and people generally have been talking about if for a month

Not really got many of my presents sorted as still in baby prep mode. Will be last minute this year.

Still maintaining some running, had a very enjoyable commute ruin yesterday morning, extended the minimum possible route of 2.3m to 7.5m taking in more frosty side roads and the Hull dock village and marina as the sun rose red  Great way to start a day.

Merry - not quite or even near - xmas - yet

Keep it up folks, cold is no excuse (unless you asthmatic) - just wear more, ice and snow - trail shoes and practice, drunken debauchery night before - slow run

Edited: 12/12/2012 at 13:09
14/12/2012 at 00:35
Zero degrees tonight. My Paris pal and I completed our first LSR after work. 11 miles in 1.22, so 7.30 pace. Chatted most of the way round and just kind of enjoyed it. Felt good getting it done before the weekend too. Just an easy recovery tomorrow and that's week 1 completed.

Very pleased with the feel of the run more than anyrhing. Very good LSR time but still had plenty left, as you should on a longer one. Such a contrast to just 2 months ago.

Little fact for you. The most common owl in the UK is the Teat.

SB
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.