A bit like sub-4 (but 15 minutes quicker)

Sub 3:45 Group

29,621 to 29,640 of 29,720 messages
09/11/2013 at 22:51

Wow! Well done Stoker. Do you think it's all the sex?

09/11/2013 at 22:54
Im sure I had sex 5 years ago too!!!!!
09/11/2013 at 23:12

No, I've read back, no mention of sex at all. Lots of bathing, and shitting in the woods, but no sex.

Seriously, it's a cracking time you must be over the moon. I have got a club place for London so I will be following a bit more closely too.

09/11/2013 at 23:55
Cheers Puffo.
You're probably right actually...
Chuffed to buggery, whatever that means or implies!?!
After 2 hilly miles I looked at my watch..14.38. Maybe fast, but I feel comfy, so I wont slow down. Kept waiting on the big wallop that never came. Just as well with my mate only 31 seconds behind me.He brought his pb down from 1.39ish. A really perfect Autumn Angus day. Frosty, but pefect for me. No oppressive heat. No dehydration. No wind. Britains most beautiful county and scenery and people. Worked hard to the finish line. I wasnt a zombie, so maybe there was room for a smidgin more, but as I never glanced at my watch at all after the 2 mile mark, I had no idea of my time til 2 yards out I lifted my head n saw it clickfrom 1.35.59 up. Peachy. Half bang on 1.36. Full bang on 3.43. I did wonder whether the old half record was as good as it would ever get.
A Happy Stoker.
10/11/2013 at 11:20
Well done Stoker, that's a fine run indeed. You deserve it for many reasons, not least the mental attitude shown when doing stupid length runs on the treadmill.
Treat yourself to Sunday beer too. You've earned it.

Did my longest run since Paris yesterday. 12.6 miles at LSR pace on one of my old routes, nice to hit those roads again. I kept it proper slow but treated myself to a quick finish and averaged 7.55 pace. Then realised that if I did the extra half mile I'd have done a HM in under 1.45 which I remembering busting a gut for years ago and here I am trotting it out in a keep it slow stylee. A nice feeling that.

Reckon I might have a beer tonight and raise a glass to that Stoker, whose magnificent milky McThighs delivered his PB and put some manners on his pals.

SB
Edited: 10/11/2013 at 11:23
11/11/2013 at 08:46

stoker - that is a brilliant result, really well done

11/11/2013 at 21:55

Top running LS.

Just an 8.1 mile tempo run tonight.  A couple of 9 min miles, 5 at +-7:45 then a mile and a bit warm down.  On a bit of a mini-taper ahead of Sunday's HM, and didn't want a long run & 5-a-side double header yesterday.

12/11/2013 at 16:01

Nice going Jack. You'll fly around that HM on Sunday.

Went for a 5 mile run with a colleague at lunch today, he wanted a tempo type session and I wanted something a bit easier as I have a proper speed session tomorrow with another colleague.
Knocked out 5 miles at 7.30 pace. Threw in some fartlek elements and found it dead easy. Average HR was 145 but my colleague thanked me for his beasting and his average HR of 167.

It was the first time for ages I felt proper bouncy. maybe seeing the other bloke blowing out of his jaxy made me feel good about myself as I chatted away as if on a recovery run?!

Woking v Dartford tonight. Conference Premier relegation 6 pointer

SB

13/11/2013 at 10:48
Cheers folks. Much appreciated.
I remember on Sunday in the old hall just before going out to the start line feeling like you described Badge. Proper bouncy. I was actually doing jumps as I chatted to my mates. The feet felt proper light too. Not a feeling Ive had too often. The "slowest" mate is now less than a minute from sub 1.40, while the other has smashed it. We finished 62nd, 65th n 99th out of 270 runners. They no longer feel like mid pack joggers.
Stokey.
13/11/2013 at 12:13

We won 3-0!!!

Just looked at the results, Stoker. Always good to be on page 2 of the results sheets. My PB would be still only be in 35th position. even for a smaller event there are some fine runners and many older than me. I find it both inspiring and depressing in equal measure.

SB

13/11/2013 at 19:01

www.tspc.co.uk

Click on Brechin.
Offers around £175,000.
Glenavon 19 Eastbank.
Shitter hardly used.
Bargain.

Quick sale so I can buy a lovepad.

Stonking.

13/11/2013 at 20:33

I remember when the google earth car went down your street LS!

just over five easy miles tonight, plan is just to get a routine going till Christmas then start the plan.

my race calendar is 

27th Conway Half Marathon

8th Dec Stockport ten

26th Round the walls 

19th Jan Four villages half marathon.

14/11/2013 at 23:35
Nice set of races there Puffster. Any targets or ambitions?

Locked the computer then me and a colleague got changed at the office and headed out for a cheeky 8 miler. Felt so bouncy. We chatted all the way on the hilly course without looking at the clock. Turns out it was a very easy c feeling 7.33 pace. Really pleased. That's two great feeling runs in 3 days. Well happy with that.

SB
14/11/2013 at 23:49

Well my ambition is 3:30 at london next year, how about you? Conway will be et round in one piece, but I'd like to be in the mid one-thirties for Four Villages.

We will see. It's easy to joke about all the things on the thread over the years, but all the lunchtime sessions you have described have stayed in my memory; I will be doing some Friday sessions and we have an unused floor in the office so Ican do some core work too. 

Club night tonight, effort session, felt a bit heavy after last night but finished well. 

15/11/2013 at 09:25

Hi Mr P - great to see you on here again.  It will be brilliant to get your sub 3.30 after some near misses, so I hope the training goes well.  And nice to get a stack of races in the bag too

Sporty - I love those runs...have had a couple myself this week, just setting out to run by feel and suddenly I am feeling easy at 7.30 pace and feel like I could go on for ever!

I'm gearing up for the start of the VLM schedule too - have had a couple of not-so-great HMs recently (slower than I went through half way in London this year and feeling much much worse!), but they were done untapered and on fairly tired legs. Also my training over the summer was a bit sketchy for one reason or another, and things have improved in the last few weeks.  Sub 3.15 pace seems a long way away but I'm going to give it a go and you never know!  I'm not going to get many more chances for that sort of time so if I don't give it my all I'll regret it.

That said, it's intervals for me later today...6 x 1km at something a little quicker than 10k race pace.

15/11/2013 at 09:50

Good to see the thread ticking over again.

Nice going there Freemers. I want to train for sub 3.15 with the intention of doing sub 3.20 in Brighton. My 12.6 miler at the weekend was so easy in difficult conditions, so I know I'm slightly ahead of my training schedule, so I'm having a lower mileage week this week.

I'm doing the Surrey HM in March. All being well I'll have some good speedwork in my legs and I'll be able to beat my 1.30 PB. Just 25 secs to shave off for a 1.29

SB

15/11/2013 at 12:03
Are you all trying to embarass me to get even lower than 1.36?!??
In tesco yesterday I skimmed thro a few pages of Ronnie O Sullivans book called Running. From a lazy snooker player, he's become a helluva runner, I think getting his 10k time down to under 6 minute miling. Makes you realise what we are all capable of if we really put in the effort and training. Like Freemers said, maybe if we dont really go for the best we can do now, we might regret the missed opportunity when we are older.
Did I mention that I now have a very regular sexlife with someone who actually looks forward to it as well!!?!??
Anyone else glued to the Portrait Artist proramme on Sky Arts? When I win the lottery, I will just run and paint then do gardening all Summer. Drinking Guinness and red wine in the Winter months and ice cold Buds in the Summer outdoors.
Do any of you pronounce which and witch differently? On their own maybe, but I cant believe in a sentence the h is pronounced!? Small jokey argument with leggy blonde last night.
Stoker.
15/11/2013 at 14:20

Only sycophantic tossbags like BBC royal correspondents and arty types of the Brian Sewell ilk sound the H in ‘which’.

Glad to hear you’re getting some horizontal cross-training, Stoker. It’s vitally important to any running campaign. Make sure she knows that too and you log the activity on Fetcheveryone.com.

In fact, use a stopwatch and go for a personal best every few weeks. Inform the lass you’re on a tempo session and that she should see you rteally going for it at race pace!  Better still, confuse her with intervals or even a fartlek session. You'll be marriage material before you know it!

I knew Ronnie was also a runner and he has some impressive times. Alas we have to do the  9 to 5 and don’t have the luxury of big blocks of free hours during the day like many sports and entertainment stars. Does that make our efforts all the more impressive?

Football club quiz tonight. Looks like I’ll be hammered on real ale by 11pm.

Having got a good run out of the way last night I have a rest day tomorrow. House potter in the morning followed by the big one of Woking v Hyde at 3pm.

Sunday will be a tempo 5 miler on the way home from the little lad’s football match. I did this run at the same fixture last November so it will be good to see if I'm better now than then. It's virtually a straight line from the pitch to home. Point to point running is so much more enjoyable than a loop.

SB

17/11/2013 at 18:34

A quick note: 4 miles at 6.40 pace tonight just before dinner. Happy with that, especially as it seems it is possible to get quicker with only 3 runs per week.

SB

17/11/2013 at 19:27

I managed 3:33 on three runs a week, it does work! How did Woking get on?  I know what you mean about running a to b SB it just feels like you've got somewhere I think. I run back from the garage when I have one of the cars in, and sometimes I go to the station with Mrs P on a Saturday morning, there's a choice of routes between 12 and 22 miles then.

Hello Freemers, I hope I can keep up!

I went out for my run yesterday and got  a bit carried away. I set out mid afternoon to do 12 miles but a couple of miles in decided to go along part of the Four Villages course, and take in a long hill in prep for next week, the Conway half has a long hard two mile climb. So I did, but it took me a bit further than planned, when I got back, I realised it was bang on 13.1 miles, so a new training route is born!

Stoker, what about a nice long plank??

29,621 to 29,640 of 29,720 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.