A good marathon for a beginner?

3 messages
04/01/2013 at 21:54

I've become more serious about my running in the past six months or so. I've done a few organised 10km runs now and I've signed up for a half-marathon in February. I'd like to embark on a marathon, so was wondering what marathons around April time would people recommed for a first timer.

I see that Brighton still has spaces, would that be a decent one to try? Many thanks in advance!!  

07/01/2013 at 10:10

My first was Manchester last year. There is a good thread on this one and lots of support. I am entering the marathon of the north in Sunderland this year. I look at the route, proximity to home, reviews on this site etc good luck!

07/01/2013 at 22:08

Colin I did Barcelona as my first marathon and it was absolutely fantastic.

A brilliant city, big crowds, warm weather, the course was fairly flat, just a great marathon.

You can fly there pretty cheap and accomodation is cheap as well.

I think the race is late March this year though so dont know if it will be too early for you.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.