A marathon in 4:15 (or maybe less)

Or 'Asics Super Six - the Sequel'

1 to 20 of 602 messages
15/04/2011 at 16:04
Someone asked today if I was going to keep my Paris thread going.  I would like to stay in contact with people with a similar aim as I continue in my quest but thought it might be better to have a new thread in case people thought it was still all about Paris.  As I couldn't find any other thread for this sort of time here we go
15/04/2011 at 16:15
Hiya - I'll come along for the ride, if you don't mind
15/04/2011 at 16:20
Climb on board Frodo   Any running planned for today?
15/04/2011 at 16:28

*jumps in*

Hi, I'm getting far to excited about Sunday

15/04/2011 at 16:33

Go for it Bridget - all my marathons been around that mark and hope not to get any slower just yet. I think you'll have no bother next time around.

Have you chosen your next venue yet?

seren nos yn canu    pirate
15/04/2011 at 16:38
HI USB.......
15/04/2011 at 18:22
Hi Suze - what's happening on Sunday then?

Elspeth - you'll be getting faster, not slower if we can sort out your confidence!

*waves to seren*

At the moment I have a nice room booked in Sherborne and we have postponed seeing the MiL for her birthday until a day late but I don't know for definite about the marathon. If all goes well it will North Dorset on May 1st. If not I will have an early anniversary night away and then do Halstead on the 8th.
15/04/2011 at 19:25
That sounds like a plan. The north Dorset one sounds nice!
15/04/2011 at 20:21
Ultra Sparkly Bridget wrote (see)
Climb on board Frodo   Any running planned for today?

Thought it wise to put in a rest day after everything that has gone on this last week

Back at it tomorrow, meanwhile it is Friday, so it is vino time

15/04/2011 at 20:39

Good idea USB, can I join in please?

15/04/2011 at 20:43

Good luck for Sunday, B

15/04/2011 at 21:21

Hi B

Are you all ready for Sunday?  I will be targeting an ironing PB while watching the TV

Frodo - I'm just waiting for the chip van to arrive before I pour myself a glass of red (couldn't have said that on the old thread with Ruth watching)

15/04/2011 at 21:28
Well done USB for targetting another marathon soon and looking to use your fitness to bag the time you know you're capable of. I'll check in at the beginning of May and see how you're getting on. Good luck and all the best
15/04/2011 at 22:11

Bonjour .

Hope Sunday goes well for all those going - sorry to hear about the toe, seren.  Are you able to walk OK with a broken big toe - it's pretty important for balance isn't it?

All being well, I've got my eye on New Forest in September.  Plan is 4 weeks return to fitness programme, then assuming all goes OK, mara training, starting back from scratch - should just about take me to September.

3 x 5m done this week -  DOMS strikes again. Ouch. . .

15/04/2011 at 22:44
I fancied doing Robin Hood again this year but we are in Crete for the last 2 weeks in August which is not good timing for a last 20 miler

In a perverse way I missed not having DOMS this week
15/04/2011 at 23:21
Hello USB and all - I'm in. Have vm enjoyed a couple of glasses of red this evening. Will do little run post-Paris in the morning. Legs and back feeling ok now. So, Amsterdam anyone?
16/04/2011 at 11:38

If you've entered Halstead my running club will be on water station 2 (you pass us at 6 and 18 miles) will also be targeting 4.15 but at Loch Ness.

Halstead is a lovely course, but get some hill training in, there isn't anything too challenging but its a figure of 8 course so some you see twice.

16/04/2011 at 11:48

Someone has suggested Loch Ness to me for the autumn but logisitics would be tight unless I persuade Mr USB to take the Monday off/go into work late as I can't see my daughter getting herself to the school bus without anybody to kick her out of bed!

Regarding hills most of my routes around here go up and down to some degree.  I'm doing Dartmoor Discovery in June and those hills are big!

16/04/2011 at 12:06
I'd love to do Dublin as I've got family over there and everyone says it's a great race and atmosphere, but it's on the first Monday that schools are back after half term, so that puts it well and truly out.
16/04/2011 at 12:12
School holidays are a pain!  I think in 2008 Dublin was the Monday at the start of half term so we were fine.  We did take A out of school (with permission) for Florence but she starts GCSEs in September so we won't be doing that anymore
1 to 20 of 602 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.