Am I mad???

Planning FLM 08

21 to 27 of 27 messages
02/05/2007 at 13:10
Thats the spirit,Joe.
Kevster, have you tried 'Help The Hospice'. They were a designated charity either this year or last.
02/05/2007 at 14:34
No, havent tried any other charity yet. To be honest, I just assumed I'd be ok, so todays news was a shock! They are the charity I feel I want to support, so will see what happens before changing to another, but I must admit, I did see lots of Help the Hospice shirts this year, need to find out more about what they do (i.e. do they donate money to all hospices?).

Thanks for the idea, will look into it.
02/05/2007 at 15:37
Children With Leukaemia seem to be generous with their places, and they have a big team - 1300 this year I think, although don't know how many golden bonders.
02/05/2007 at 16:03
Have emailed Help the Hospices to ask if any of the money they raise will goto my local hospice, reading their website vaguely implies it will - which I'd be happy with.

I know its too early to worry about securing a place yet - after all, I may get in via the ballot (and win the lottery at the same time!) but knowing you've got a place helps with motivation.
02/05/2007 at 16:27
They don't cover all hospices. I wanted to run for my local childrens hospice through them, but it wasn't on their list. I'm currently hoping to run a few events this year for Demelza House in Kent, which is the childrens hospice used by some of my patients. The plan is to also run for them with my place for next year.
You could try looking at it the other way, of course. Log on to justgiving, and see if they have the hospice of your choice on their list. At least you'll know where your money's going if you get a ballot place.
03/05/2007 at 13:38
Just been on the FLM site, and the countdown clock for next year has started already!
Tick...................tock.............tick.......................tock!
03/05/2007 at 13:40
I noticed that a couple of days ago. Only a matter a time till i say 'oh poo" - only a month to go? how did that happen?'

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.