Any Children with Leukaemia runners?

4,401 to 4,420 of 4,484 messages
01/05/2006 at 15:26
How quiet can it be, is everyone resting?

Well I raced yesterday, in the same race as a local girl who came 24th in the elite race, and managed to squeeze out another pb by about 20seconds. Swam this morning and did some stretching in the gym (still nursing my ankle) enforced rest for rest of week.

I spoke to the elite girl, Fiona, and it was her second marathon, she did her first in Spain last year. She so moaned about it being cold and no other runners to protect her from the rain. She also said she had cramps, aches and pains from 20miles, so really she is just like the rest of us except she has faster genes.
22/05/2006 at 22:52
IS THERE ANYBODY THEREEEEEEEEEEEE........
ImRio    pirate
23/05/2006 at 07:45
Yep!

how is it going?
23/05/2006 at 17:41
Not bad Rio. Have you recovered? I've not - I've pulled out of Edinburgh.

I'm not injured, it's just that I've got so much on at work and my motivation has totally gone as a result.

Still, it's the holidays next week and I will get on top of work and back to training then.

What's your next challenge Rio?
23/05/2006 at 18:21
Hi!!!- still alive and kicking, blisters healing and nails starting to grow, but jeans far too tight!! help!! finding it really hard to get back in to the swing of things..plus selling our house so spending life picking up toys!!! would love to hear from you all! missing our daily chats.
23/05/2006 at 22:16
Hi Lindsay,

Don't talk to me about tight jeans.

Too little running, too much beer in my case.
23/05/2006 at 23:39
........... Octopus ..........

I am gutted!!

........ but then I am a sympathetic C of G and wouldn't want you working yourself into the ground. You just concentrate on your studies boy ........ over a beer or two..... headteach and I have great aspirations for you!!

Shall we join YRRC and do some of those 5Km runs?
24/05/2006 at 07:09
Sounds good to me Jill. I take it you got the letter from Martin as well. I fancy the idea of running with the club.

It's the weight of meetings etc. that's the problem re. training. Five after school plus a club this week alone - it does for your running life!

Better get used to it though, eh Jill?
ImRio    pirate
24/05/2006 at 16:12
Hi guys
My next challenge is the Salisbury 10miler on 11th june! Anyone coming?

I have been training hard since London. did a 6.1mile league race with my club and even though it was extremely hilly (Even all our club runners said it was a hard race and we run up hills every time we go out!!) I managed 60.52 which was only a few seconds off my 10k at Yeovilton so well chuffed (in fact it is quicker than my official time)

got another league race next week and did a hilly 6.1miles last night with the club. got a speed or hill session planned for tonight with my WRN group.

A few other races in the pipeline over the summer too - local ones mainly then the Cardiff 10k and duathlon in September, Cardiff half in October and then we start again for London next year!!
24/05/2006 at 17:30
Hi everyone.

I've been training hard too. Done two 10k's and a half and got a 10miler at Chorley on Sunday. The p'bs are still coming.
I'm going to do Cardiff Marathon again to have another shot at good for age!!!
24/05/2006 at 23:02
Octopus - You'll make a fantastic headteacher and there is no doubt about it. Upton Noble are a very lucky school. One piece of wisdom though - you know how we have tried to get our leader to take her PPA time - please book yours now and STICK TO IT!!!!

I do fancy YRRC I must have to say and I don't think there is too much pressure to attend regularly. When Charlotte disappears in January I shan't have to take her to work on Tuesday nights, and I am giving up youth club on Thursday nights, so apart from OU study I shall be a little more free - ha! ha! ha!
25/05/2006 at 07:09
Thanks Jill! When shall we go down then? Next week in the hols?

Well done Skip! How do you stay so motivated post-London?
25/05/2006 at 07:25
I think I keep motivated because I run with a club and at the moment the p'bs just keep coming because of all the training I have 'in the bank.' My ambition is to get GFA at FLM and be a 4th class runner with my club which I can nearly achieve but not quite. When I have done that I am just going to run for fun (I hope!!!)
ImRio    pirate
25/05/2006 at 14:10
Sodbury Slog anyone?

I know it is November but you have toplan ahead!!
30/05/2006 at 00:26
How's everyone keeping? I am feeling really stiff at the moment, worse than after FLM, because I did a 16½ mile sponsored walk on Sunday for our local hospice. Why I should be in so much pain I don't know as I have been retaining my fitness. My hips are the most sore ... perhaps its my old age catching up on me!!
The dog came too and she has spent most of today in bed sleeping; she is also moving around rather stiffly but then she is 11 years old!

Any good runs to be done out there? ... I am going to stick with 10 and 5 Kms for a while, until I do Bristol Half in October.
ImRio    pirate
30/05/2006 at 08:01
Maybe you should have run it Jill you would probably have found it easier.

I have a 5 or so mile club race tonight which looks ok, not as hard or hilly as the last one. Then the R4L on Sunday.
Then next Sunday is the Salisbury 10. I cant believe that has come round so quick - not done any runs longer than 8 miles but they have been very hilly ones so hoping that will make up for it
30/05/2006 at 08:55
I did Chorley 10 mile on Sunday and found it really hard work, had to lie down for the rest of the day and am still worn out. Did a reasonable time of 1.24.35 but really pushed myself. I have kept my fitness up but I think something is telling me to slow down for a bit, either that or its down to the horrible weather!!!
ImRio    pirate
02/06/2006 at 16:03
Forgot to tell everyone. The 5 mile club run was actually a 10k and I did it in 58:06!!!!! It was an undulating course along a canal in part called the 14 locks so you can imagine it wasnt flat!

I was so chuffed. I took 2mins 25 off Yeovilton and that was a lot flatter!!!!

Yipee!!

Race 4 Life Sunday so hoping to do around 27mins!!!
ImRio    pirate
05/06/2006 at 07:59
Well despite the heat I did the R4L and just managed to beat the 27 mins!

26:58 - so taken another minute and half off that pb too!

Did suffer in the heat though so could possibly have gone quicker if it had been cooler.
05/06/2006 at 20:44
Well done Rio. I have not been running much recently as have been so busy at school. Today I am having a rest day as my family is spoiling me because it is my 50th birthday!!. Intend to get back into proper training by the weekend.
4,401 to 4,420 of 4,484 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.