Any Children with Leukaemia runners?

4,441 to 4,460 of 4,484 messages
22/11/2006 at 08:24
I'm aiming for around 4.30 but as its my first I'm not going to worry too much about it - also don't know yet if I have the stamina. Not run more than 13 miles yet! What about you?
ImRio    pirate
22/11/2006 at 09:05
Well I am running as Little Miss Naughty so it will be a get round this year. I would like to get close to 5 hours though so training with the weight now (well 4kg so far)

My best is 4:56 this year
Would be great to beat that but we shall have to see.

You will do it but it does get tough after 20 miles and is different every time you do it
22/11/2006 at 14:28
That hard slog AND a costume! It must get CWL noticed more so I admire you for doing it.

RE times I think I will be a lot closer to 5 hours realistically but I'm training with someone who's going for 4 so that might spur me along. My biggest worry tho is overdoing it and getting an injury so I'm going to be sensible when Jan 1st comes around. What is your attitude to diet/weight when you're training? I'm a little heavier than I'd like to be. Will the 10lbs come off when I up the training or should I be cutting out the flapjacks now?!
ImRio    pirate
22/11/2006 at 15:57
TTKU
I wouldnt worry too much about the weight. Some people lose weight some gain a bit but whatever you will be getting fitter in the process (and muscle weighs more than fat)

It is a good idea to train for better than you hope for but do be flexible and rest is as important as training. Listen to your body and it will tell you what it needs
23/11/2006 at 10:18
Thanks Rio Fair, that all sounds like good advice. My body told me last night that I didn't need to do a fartlek session with the club in the cold and wet although it probably didn't mean for me to stay at home and finish the children's chips instead! Feeling guilty so will do some hills tonight when my husband gets back.
26/11/2006 at 16:03
Hello all

I hope you dont mind if I join you all.I tried last year to get a place thru both the ballot and golden bond off CWL and didnt suceed in either.This year ive applied again for both the ballot and golden bond place.Ive had my cheque cashed so im assuming im in thru the ballot-if so then ive no worries about a place off CWL, and i,ll still run for CWL.

Hello Rio,are you the lass who was also on this years GNR thread??
ImRio    pirate
28/11/2006 at 08:02
Yes Mick I was on the GNR thread.

how have you been?
28/11/2006 at 19:19
Hello rio

aye ive been champion-still keeping myself fit and well.How about your good self?
ImRio    pirate
29/11/2006 at 07:59
I am good too. Running with the extra weights can be tough doing a hill or speed session but it is all in a good cause so got to be done
And I dont think I will get round if I dont start now.
Hoping to do sub 60 for 10k on the 10th but it is a hilly course and likely to be muddy too so we shall see. going to give it a go though
And then training proper starts Jan 1st
11/01/2007 at 10:45
Is anyone out there? How is training going? Are any Golden Bonders going to the FLM training days next month? Anyone else feeling a little more "cuddly" after Christmas?
ImRio    pirate
11/01/2007 at 10:52
I am still here TTKU
Training going fine.
Not going to the training days - too far to travel and dont think I need them anyway.

I have a club place now but will still be running for CwL so at least I dont have the worry about raising extra money, just whatever I can. Would still like to get around £1000 though

Lost my post Christmas "cuddlyness" again now.

how is your training going?
18/01/2007 at 23:57
Hello! I'm new to this group so I though it only polite to introduce myself!
I have run for CWL a couple of times - London last year and Chicago this year (own place in both) I've been lucky enough to get a ballot place again this year and will be pestering friends and neighbours soon to get some sponsorship. My target is sub-4 hours timewise, and £1500 in money.

Rio - you're very brave running in a costume - I find my running vest too heavy after 20 miles!! Good luck.
ImRio    pirate
19/01/2007 at 07:41
Shenders. Since I posted that I would be running in a costume I have been given one of our club places so am forgoing that privelege until next year (unless I am lucky enough to get through the ballot)

You must be a speedy type to do sub 4. I am going for 4.15ish
Are you doing any warm up races?
20/01/2007 at 00:12
Hi Rio
I'm probably going to do the Silverstone Half - which I have for the last 3 years - plus maybe the Watford Half - but I may have already missed the deadline, I'll have to check.

The best warm up I did last year was the CWL training day - it was really good, I think about 60 or 70 people turned up. A pep talk, a 20 mile run in Hyde Park and a buffet lunch afterwards.
How about you, what have you got planned?
20/01/2007 at 09:29
Hi Everyone, I'm Jo also running for CWL, like Shenders I'm desperate to do under 4 tho feeling a little sceptical!!!!!!! Ran FLM 2 years ago in 4.35 and did Loch Ness in October in 4.32 tho had been hampered by injury til literally the last few days before and hadn't run for 10 days! Its also quite hilly!! Would love to know what training plan you are running Shenders and what sort of times you are doing??? I can truly only fit in 4 days of training 5 absolute tops as I teach and have 3 kids and at the moment organising big fund raising fashion show for CWL in Eastbourne. Mad oh yes. Hubbie and kids definate on that one. x p.s anyone in East Sussex wanting to go to fashion show in Eastbourne on 22nd March let me know!!!
20/01/2007 at 09:54
Hello all

Good luck to you all with the fundraising events and badgering people to give you the odd shrapnal.I've got my own place thru the ballot and trying to raise as much as I can.

Last October I ran the Abingdon marathon after training to the 4hr programme CWL had sent to me.I got round in 4hr3mins,just outside my pb.So for London im following the 3hr plan-hopefully to get round in 3hr30ish.

Im only doing one half marathon as prep for London-the Redcar half on the 18th March.

Keep up the hardwork everyone.
20/01/2007 at 11:12
Rio - training going fine thanks. I'm following Sam Murphy's plan which is quite gentle at the moment. Longest run was 8 miles this week (done yesterday), plus three other short sessions.

Hello to all the the new threaders. Shenders, what do you think of Silverstone? I was wondering whether to do this one or Milton Keynes.
20/01/2007 at 13:16
Trying to keep it up.............whats Sam Murphys plan???
20/01/2007 at 15:33
Hi Jo
Sam Murphy wrote among others the book "Marathon - from start to finish". I recently got it and love it as she's a woman and her style and plans are really approachable. Unlike you this is my first marathon so I need lots of help and advice! I found out that she's one of the speakers at the golden bond days in February - are you going? Good luck with your CWL fashion show also. Any special reason that you support CWL?
20/01/2007 at 18:57
thank you, I'll look up book........thanks for luck for fashion show going to need it had no idea it would involve so much planning, hardly time to run!! Supporting CWL as I run a nursery school and one of my childrens brothers died of leukaemia. What about you? Hope to make one of the Golden Bond days are you going?
4,441 to 4,460 of 4,484 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.