Anyone Got a Spare Ticket for London Marathon 2012?

21 to 28 of 28 messages
cougie    pirate
23/03/2012 at 21:34
Most marathons are that price anyway. You'd probably be looking at triple that sum at least ?
23/03/2012 at 22:20
If you think about it early enough, you can get a place off a charity for about £1750
24/03/2012 at 12:35
I know, I'll set myself up as a charity and sell my place for £1500.
I'll hand over the 2% of the fee to some cause that I assume is required by Law to qualify as a genuine outlet and pocket the rest. Easy to see how the CEO's of so many charities and their mates are buried under six figure salaries and £500 a day expenses.
Light the blue touch paper and retire to a safe dist******************.
24/03/2012 at 13:18

Out of interest...what is the legal standing on selling your number? I mean other then being blacklisted if caught and being hung from the nearest lampost if you ask on here, what is the penalty?

Is there something in the little print when we join the ballot?

cougie    pirate
24/03/2012 at 14:08
There's a waiting list for charities wanting places.

As for the legality - it probably says non-transferable ?
24/03/2012 at 14:11
So as much use as Tresspassers will be prosecuted then.
24/03/2012 at 14:38
I'm not aware of any law as such.  All penalties are according to the T&Cs under which you obtained the number.
25/03/2012 at 22:50
RicF wrote (see)
I know, I'll set myself up as a charity and sell my place for £1500. I'll hand over the 2% of the fee to some cause that I assume is required by Law to qualify as a genuine outlet and pocket the rest. Easy to see how the CEO's of so many charities and their mates are buried under six figure salaries and £500 a day expenses. Light the blue touch paper and retire to a safe dist******************.

<yawn>

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.