Anyone Got a Spare Ticket for London Marathon 2012?

1 to 20 of 28 messages
16/03/2012 at 14:24

Hi Folks, I'm hoping someone out there has a spare place for the LONDON MARATHON in a few weeks ...........? Please help as I would so love to run, wasn't sucessfull with the lottery for a space !

Thanks for your help

Terry

Ter77@ireland.com 

16/03/2012 at 14:28

You'll be lucky!

(and it's not a ticket - it's a race, not a concert!)

mcs
16/03/2012 at 14:33
lol You dont stand a chance and if you do it you may get caught and banned for life!!!
16/03/2012 at 14:33
Try Edinburgh instead, it's the same distance and everything.
16/03/2012 at 14:34
Silly Wilkie. She's such a joker. Now let's meet in a lay-by somewhere. £200 and the ticket is yours.
16/03/2012 at 14:37

I swore that it was a ballot....

16/03/2012 at 14:44

.....well there are lots of genuine folk out there who get injured and hate to see the 'ticket' go to waste.

So maybe someone genuine will get in contact instead of those correcting my use of the English language ...lol

16/03/2012 at 14:48
The ticket doesn't go to waste, they can use it the next year.
16/03/2012 at 14:57
the ticket doesn't go to waste it helps pay for the race
16/03/2012 at 15:02

I've got a golden ticket that will get you into the London Marathon AND Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.  (I recommend the marathon followed by the chocolate factory, not the other way round.)

Will consider any serious offers.

16/03/2012 at 15:14
I've got a case of wonka bars for the highest bidder.
16/03/2012 at 15:15
But seriously just dress up in a really impractical outfit which makes you look like a twat and no-one will know a thing.
seren nos    pirate
16/03/2012 at 15:16
why bother with breaking the rule of running on someone elses number......why not just break the rule and save some money and just turn up and race without a number......same difference but saves you cash
cougie    pirate
16/03/2012 at 15:19
Apart from you get taken out by the bouncers before the finish.

(sounds nasty)
16/03/2012 at 15:25
Sorry T.McG. Either you know nothing about the London Marathon rules of participation or else you are prepared to break them. It makes no difference now, your name is on the data base, 'you're banned'.
16/03/2012 at 15:49
RicF wrote (see)
Sorry T.McG. Either you know nothing about the London Marathon rules of participation or else you are prepared to break them. It makes no difference now, your name is on the data base, 'you're banned'.

Well that doesn't matter much if he's running under someone else's name!

I've always wondered how attentive the bouncers at the end are - would they notice last year's number for instance?

16/03/2012 at 16:09
The last bit was a joke. Anyone can still run on someone else's number. I know a guy who's run every London marathon but not as an 'Ever Present' since it involved about four different people. Oddly enough he now qualifies as a GFA as in 'Good For Ancient'.
So people still do this. They just don't advertise the fact in public. Its the running equivalent of stealing a 'household name' item and putting it up for sale on Ebay.
23/03/2012 at 10:21

I got pulled by the bouncers one year. My number was under my jacket. Was told to unzip the jacket
23/03/2012 at 12:01

Look, can we just drop the "banned for life" stuff?  It's just a race.  And can we drop the stupid "if you swap your number and something bad happens, your family will think it was you" nonsense?  You could get round that by, you know, telling your family that actually you aren't running.

The real reason why you can't swap numbers, and it's an entirely fair one, is that no-one wants to end up with a secondary market in these things,  and having to get places through Seatwave.  It would be good if the VLM just say that.

Terry - if you belong to a running club, it's likely you might well be able to pick up another number from someone who can't run.  Otherwise it is tough to get one, and rightly so.  So join a club.

23/03/2012 at 17:27
Out of curiosity, how much would anyone pay for say, a GFA number? £50?
£60?
1 to 20 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.