Anyway to find out what est finish time i put on my London Marathon entry

Ive totally forgotten and intrigued!!

11 messages
06/02/2014 at 15:08

Cant recall what i estimated and not sure if I can find out - looked at the VMLM site but it's not very clear - anyone know?  Not that i can do a lot about it now but maybe realisation I wont do a 2:05 sinking in

cougie    pirate
06/02/2014 at 16:11
I dont think you can. It might be in the system at the London Marathon offices - and you could call them and they might be able to look it up if its that important.

If you think you can go a lot faster than you might have put - take results with you when you collect your number. If you're fast then they may move you up a pen.

Going back a pen is no problem anyway.
06/02/2014 at 16:16

Just pinged them an email but it was more curiosity - thank you for response.  It's really in case i went nuts and thought I would become an athletic god in 6 months!! If i can move back then cool.  I think i put 3:45 but do not want to start off too fast as it's my 1st marathon and 2nd race ever.  I did a half in Oct and had a lovely couple of warm up miles then ran faster for 11 than i have ever done..which was pleasing.

Cheers!

06/02/2014 at 16:18
020 7902 0200 Is the number on their site for enquiries.
06/02/2014 at 17:34

Thanks gave them a call and im down for 3:45 - cant change now it but can do at expo.  However sod that something to aim for now

Thanks Cougie and Millsy - should have just called but wondered if there was a web site we could logon to see our details!

06/02/2014 at 19:10

This is why I don't understand people who slag London Marathon off...you really wouldn't be surprised if they said sorry, 50,000 runners, are you serious?  I remember when mrs p lost her t shirt in the park after the race, quick phone call, and a new one arrived within days?

06/02/2014 at 22:02
Most of the people that slag it of are the same ones that are desperate for a place but get rejected from the ballot.
07/02/2014 at 08:14

With you on that one Puffy

07/02/2014 at 14:38

Yeah spot on they were incredibly helpful, polite and even had a laugh at my completely inadequate memory and planning.  considering there must be 50k nutters phoning up about all sorts superb!

07/02/2014 at 16:51

I cant quite recall what I put down. Aside from finding out my time, does anyone know the timing brackets for each pen? I either put down 3.15 or 3.05 so wondering if it makes a blind bit of difference pen wise in any event?

Just to manage my expectations also, wil i get a nice technical t shirt or a cotton one??

07/02/2014 at 17:26

Depends, the Virgin ones have all been really crap cotton.

I would think DT that you would be in pen 2 or 3.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
11 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.