Asics 26.2 - Sub 3 - Rob Windard - Vote for me please!

Asics 26.2 - Sub 3 - Rob Windard - Vote for me please!

9 messages
03/12/2013 at 22:02

Hello Runners World Forum!

My name is Rob Windard and I have been lucky enough to have been selected for the voting stage of the Asics 26.2 marathon challenge in the sub 3 hour category.  I will put a bit of background to myself on this Forum thread and please feel free to ask any questions and I will endeavour to answer them!

As you will see from my voting page I have recently finished a career in the British Army, serving with the Royal Engineers and finishing my time with The Queen’s Gurkha Engineers in Maidstone.  I now live in Lincoln with my lovely girlfriend after starting my civilian life back in Jan this year.  Work wise I have a pretty busy job working for a Hull based engineering firm within the rail industry and running certainly helps me to unwind if nothing else!

Leaving the Army was a big step and I straight away joined a local running club called Lincoln & District Runners in order to keep my fitness up whilst meeting some new people.  I have not looked back and I have loved the gains it has brought into my running as well as the brilliant social side of life as well!

I really feel that with some proper structured training and expert advice (not to mention some sweat and tears on my part!) I can achieve that magic sub 3 marathon target as well as hopefully having some good fun with the other team members and sharing my journey along the way.

Please, if you feel you would like to see more of me in the competition and give me the opportunity to see what I can achieve then visit http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/spring-marathon/vote-steve-in-first-timer/234876.html and vote for me today!

Good luck to everyone! 

03/12/2013 at 22:12

Always helps if you put the correct link to the voting page and not the example from last year hey!

To that end, please, if you're feeling generous cast your vote for me at the correct link http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/target262/finalists.aspx !

seren nos    pirate
04/12/2013 at 07:03

Hi Rob.

so you are new to the forums and joined for the competition...

what kind of poster do you think you are and what will you bring to a thread if yoiu win 

04/12/2013 at 20:33
Definitely new to the forum and will try my best to be avfrequent blogger throughout the process. My main aim will be to keep a daily update on training and progress but I will also be looking to ask for advice from the running community.

Im pretty certain that any issues I come across will have been encountered before and I'm really looking forward to sharing thoughts and ideas with fellow runners.
04/12/2013 at 21:43

I'm going to decide who to vote for by asking one question and the person with the best answer gets it.

What's you favourite Star Wars character ??

05/12/2013 at 15:46

Got to be the ewoks!

05/12/2013 at 20:58

Why?

05/12/2013 at 21:51
Small little furry teddybears at first appearance but back em into a corner and they punch well above their weight in a scrap!
05/12/2013 at 21:54
Missed club night thanks to east coast trains and the weather but managed to get out for a steady 5 miles which was good after a busy day! Will try and get a quick lunch time run in tomorrow I think.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.