ASICS 26.2 Consolation Thinking

Aimed at "the 19/40"

21 to 40 of 125 messages
14/12/2011 at 17:43

Snowboots - way more practical!

I know what you mean - being 'on show' all day was a bit weird!  Still - we did it and we don't have to do it again!

Well - I'm bored of waiting for the announcement now - well done everyone that got through and to all of us that took part  - I feel like I can relax again now!

Will look forward to finding out who the winners are sometime soon...

14/12/2011 at 17:49

mmmm practical yes - stylish noooooooooooooooooooooooo! They looked so different in the picture - on they look like those special old lady boots!

It was the unknown that was so stressful - would have liked to have integrated more with others but totally understand. I was the slowest of the slow group!

Definately would like to meet up with folks at a half marathon - for me it will only be at start as I am so slow. But I've found that being slow has its advantages - quite a few of my club mates wait for me at the end of races to cheer me on. So I end up with more support that the fast runners!

14/12/2011 at 17:53

i didn't get in either but no surprise there!! think it was a bit of a fix to who got though as could have picked them out myself on day one! no worries anyway i already have my place for the paris marathon! and now i can sort out my own training and i'm sure i'll get my target on my own! so no free trainners i can deal with that but i wont be buying Asics thats for sure!!!

good luck to those that got though, have a great marathon might even see some of you during race? sorry for those who didn't get in - hope you stay motivated to meet your targets!

for me the evening is starting with a nice bottle of red yum yum F**K running tonight

14/12/2011 at 17:54

I don't do the GNR either Sleepy Bear, in Sept I tend to do the Great Scottish Run (13.1 - Glasgow), Robin Hood (26.2 but there is 13.1 option - Nottingham), also Berlin and/or Loch Ness is just in September in 2012 I think too! Let me know if you're heading for any of those..

Plum    pirate
14/12/2011 at 18:35
Who got in....... cant see the results anywhere?
14/12/2011 at 18:36
Think I'm going to do Reading in April as prep for Milton Keynes.

Been interesting process, the bootcamp was quality and I was lucky to have a great group. The forums were 'interesting' to say the least. Have got involved with some good threats which actually seem to be about running... Imagine that.

Thanks Emma for your point about one particular comment, which was not intended to be or toned as rude.

I'm going to treat myself to some Brookes pure I think...
Plum    pirate
14/12/2011 at 18:40
" Have got involved with some good threats which actually seem to be about running... Imagine that."

obviously on the wrong forum then

Stick around folks because we have a Forum run training group as well (M.eldy has put up a post somewhere). It did well last year and a lot of the support threads are still running, give it a go if you are planning to stick around and even if you dont get chosen again the advice and camaraderie is top notch
Edited: 14/12/2011 at 18:41
14/12/2011 at 18:43
mcs wrote (see)

I am doing a few races next year and it would be great to meet up and run and chat..........been an interesting day........................ here are some of my races subject to life and injury.........let me know what you are up to. A mate of mine did Kielder and found it tough, he did 4.50 but has just recovered from Bowel Cancer but said it was a real up and down challenge.

Grindleford Gallop 22 mile fell race in March in the Peak District really scenic run though tough if you go off too quick!!

Edinburgh in May

Great North Run 2012

Birmingham Half 2012

I'm defnitely doing the Great North and the Brum Half next year

The bootcamp was great even if I didn't bring a suitable running jacket for the track but Emma and I certainly rocked the unsuitable coat look on that last track session!

14/12/2011 at 18:48
Indeedie - you in short sleeved Tshirt only and me in a knee length padded winter coat. We must've looked like a couple of weirdos!
14/12/2011 at 18:48
Woops, threads. Bloody dyslexia, why is that so hard to spell

I'm gonna hang about. Entered the programme as an act of procrastination while completing a job application.
14/12/2011 at 18:51

I didn't want to mention the threats BoDuke

I would have given anything for that massively warm looking coat...

14/12/2011 at 18:55

Ha ha - The coat warmed up rather quickly then I felt like a right plonker!

BoDuke - which comment was that? I tried to message you to ask but you don't accept messages.

SO tired - run down and can't wait for christmas holidays!

mcs
14/12/2011 at 19:15
Nice run home for me two jacket spuds,cheese beans cup of tea to come with gluten free cake yum who needs to go London on Saturday anyway!!
14/12/2011 at 19:16
Sorted.

I had to take my arms off and then wished I'd left it off. That 5k nearly floored me! Never pushed at that distance before.

I'm so down my local track and out with the club more now.

So who's through?
14/12/2011 at 19:22

Yo peeps

Glad to see you're all still about - I'm in the midst of cooking but thought I'd sneak a peek.

BoD - do you mean the Reading half?  Is that the 25th March?  If so there is an ASICS half that day too at Fleet, Hampshire - if we get the freebie we were promised - that'll be my first choice.  Otherwise I think after the cross countries, I'll be aiming for the Water of Life Half/10k whichever I can get in - apparently the half fills very quickly.

Rosie - Robin Hood might be an option - I'll keep that one in mind for sure.

Right there with you with the big warm coat EC -  I got laughed at too for mine - but hey I was the one laughing when the point and laughers were cold - ha ha.

Christmas holidays start right here - paaaaaaarttttttayyyyy - we deserve it!

14/12/2011 at 19:40

I love my snuggly coat! Such a mum coat though - so many of them in our local park at the weekend!

Anyone doing Watford?

14/12/2011 at 19:45

When is Watford?

Mum's clearly know best, I got told off for not being appropriately dressed when I told my mum I'd forgotten my coat. If i still lived at home it would never of happened!

14/12/2011 at 19:49

Watford's the 5th ish of Feb - easy journey from you place surely?

Yup Mummy's do know best.

Going to see Jonny in his christmas show tomorrow  - then two more upper sixt lessons and the term is OVER! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

14/12/2011 at 19:52

Will have a google - have already got a 10k planned on the 5th Feb so if it doesn't clash I may venture down to join you in that one.

14/12/2011 at 20:01
I missed out too.. well done the winners... we can start working out who they are by a process of elimination now!
21 to 40 of 125 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.