ASICS Super Six: Alex (Sub-4:00)

Follow the progress of Alexandra_S, our sub-4:00 hopeful

1,201 to 1,209 of 1,209 messages
01/12/2011 at 15:47

Thanks SRM and Alex, I've now had a mention on Marathon Talk so head is even more swollen. SRM, I'm lucky enough to have a lot of races nearby, and after Mr F thoroughly enjoyed Florence he's keen to go international again for next year. What are you contemplating so far?

Alex, touch wood, fingers crossed, touch the lucky rabbit's foot no major injuries so far, a few niggles and a big bout of anaemia when I started multiple marathoning, so hopefully I can tough it out again next year.

01/12/2011 at 15:47

Kate and SRM you should be so lucky! Totes agreed re time and financial investment. Mine has a recurring knee injury so has sworn off running almost completely. It's a bit sad. I'm aiming to just enter loads of races and then announce them a week beforehand...!

01/12/2011 at 15:49

Ha concurrent posting! Very excited to listen to Marathon Talk - most recent ep?

Kate you must just need to eat all the time. Perhaps I could send you some of the cakes I keep baking?

01/12/2011 at 16:32
Unfortunately Alex I do eat all the time but too much! According to a race calculator thing someone posted if I lose half a stone I'll be a sub 3.30er. Baking this Christmas' first batch of mince pies this weekend so please no more cakes.... Mr F's birthday soon though so any recipe ideas would be good, current favourite is a carrot cake with frosted cheese and lime topping.
01/12/2011 at 20:02

I run, therefore I can eat cake 

There has to be reward for the effort, BUT, in moderation and that is so hard

Dusseldorf and Cologne marathons for me next year, with a sprinkling of 10K and HM's too. The thing I've realised in Germany is you have to commit to the race early to get the best price. Wait and the price goes up every couple of months. So other the next few months will be picking where I want to run in 2013 and then setting up my Outlook calendar to give me reminders for when the entry opens

BTW as I now know 2 internationally renowned running superstars how do I get autographs?

01/12/2011 at 20:07
Send cake.
01/12/2011 at 22:02
Sorry KateF, I can't get it into the envelope. Every time I try I end up eating it instead
02/12/2011 at 11:03

SRM - make two lots and quickly seal the envelope while you're stuffing your face with the first one.

I think we also like champagne.

GOOD IDEA re Outlook reminders for entries. I'm trying to enter the Berlin half right now, but can't as my credit card, corporate credit card and bank card all expire within three months of the event, which means you can't use them!!

07/12/2011 at 18:14
Great to find your thread Alex!

So weird we're in the same club and never knew. I thought I recognised you from the pics in Runner's World last year.

And hello to everyone else

I've been having problems signing up to Berlin- I keep getting stuck at the medical certificate stage. It doesn't let me submit!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1,201 to 1,209 of 1,209 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.