ASICS Super Six: Matthew (Sub-5:00)

Follow the progress of Mustkeeptrying, our sub-5:00 hopeful

61 to 80 of 1,134 messages
05/01/2011 at 00:50

Hi Matt  Hope you remember me from Birmingham We plodded round the track together in the Snow. Great result on getting to the final 6 ........ I voted for you (Honest).

I have entered the Nottingham Mara in Sept So I will follow your progress and training Schedule with renewed interest and will happily take any good ideas you have.

Hope the muscle tightness sorts itself out... keep stretching and Good luck For Paris.

Iantention ... Likewise hope you remember me and Sorry to hear you didn't get shortlisted either. My mate did the Prague Mara last year and had a great race and came in with a PB of 3:40

Cheers Steve

seren nos    pirate
05/01/2011 at 13:34

Mustkeeptrying..........

If you feel that it does keep on tightening.and you are ever down near caerphilly..........I will have a look at it for you and administer some free sports massage ..............

Oh ............to add I am fully qualified and not some kinky stranger wanting to have a feel of your muscles

05/01/2011 at 16:08

Hi MKT.  I'm following the same schedule as you and I found the 3 x1 mile intervals much harder than the 2 x 1.5miles last week for some reason.  The third rep was torture and I was doing them at 10.5 min/miles.  I did them all on the treadmill so that I could keep an even pace and not go off too fast and kept an eye on my heart rate to be sure I was working hard enough.  Hope your leg gets better, its too early to get injured!  Just watch out for Pirates offering massage.  (I'm sure Seren is very good).

Any news from Bud?  Is he still coaching anyone?

I did Prague marathon a couple of years ago.  Its a great event and might do it again one year.  Can be hot though, 80C when I did it.

05/01/2011 at 19:17
80c is hot! - as has been discussed on some of the other threads, treadmills are great for setting an even pace but no real substitute for the real thing!
05/01/2011 at 19:20
More likely to be fahrenheit I think
05/01/2011 at 19:21
hahaha   - I got that wrong didn't I?  80F.    Just testing.
05/01/2011 at 19:33
Hi Steve remember fondly that 2nd run we did together and that helped me to survive the day. Sorry you did not go through and glad you've continued and I will keep my fingers crossed for you that Nottingham goes well. Please keep updating how your trainings going to.

Seren- very very kind offer of rub (of the professional kind divorce lawyers lol). I may be forced to take you up on the offer one time going round the brynbach if you like now it's snow free. Or if it snows again you can jump in my sledge and I'll do my husky impression!

Soupdragon- yeah sooo much harder than the previous session but legs going fine now thanks. I see that someones cunningly changed the training program on the garmin page so there's no longer a choice of rest days on the saturday- damn the evil genius responsible!
Edited: 05/01/2011 at 19:44
05/01/2011 at 19:50
I don't rest on a Saturday anyway.
05/01/2011 at 21:07
I want to get the five miles done in the morning but no way to make my suite materialise at work- poor organising me. Unless...might just work... I invent that technology from star trek

<legs it to garage and surveys complete lack of tools, equipment and knowledge sighs and heads back indoors>

So going to go afterwork instead. Anyone got ideas for a healthy lunch to fuel a run a few hours later please? At the moment it's a ham and philadelphia sandwich with spinach followed by banarama.
05/01/2011 at 22:16

Anything followed by Bananarama is likely to be the basis of a healthy diet

Do you find running easier in the morning or the evening and are there different benefits / advantages for each?

05/01/2011 at 22:34
Lol I much prefer going in the morning as it just seems easier. I think otherwise I spend all day dreading the run and making it out to be worse than it is going to be. I seem to get more stitches as the day goes by but I put that down to needing to sort out my diet/running fuel. The only thing I know that my body likes is nana a bit before a run- there's no doubt I'm a partially evolved ape! What time do you prefer to do your runs?
05/01/2011 at 23:03
Tend to do my runs in the evening during the week (3 - 4 miles) and a LSR on a Sunday Morning. Pre Run snack for me is Nana and a couple of pieces of Bournville Dark Choc.
05/01/2011 at 23:25
Gonna give the dark choc a go! I love the work that mr bournville does!
06/01/2011 at 06:24

Morning all

I'm a morning runner...out before work during the week. did 2 1.5mile intervals on Tuesday...have to say my "speedwork" is currently not much faster than LSR pace! Doing a 4 mile run this morning.

Well done on the training MKT!

06/01/2011 at 06:58
Mostly evenings for me.  Usually fuelled by malt loaf or bagel but yesterday it was Christmas cake!
06/01/2011 at 14:53

Well done with your running mad welsh woman. It is hard to get the speedwork going and to be faster than normal. I guess the aim is to raise the minimum plodding rate (mpr) so that the marathon passes by in a blur. How'd your 4 miler go this morning?

Work just about finished so going to head out on the streets of Hereford in 20 mins or so. Fingers crossed for a smooth, stitch free, under an hour 5 miler.

Edited: 06/01/2011 at 14:57
06/01/2011 at 14:55
USB- wish i had malt loaf, bagel and especially Xmas cake. Ate food at 12 and now starving so will see how that affects things. I hope your trainings going well to. I keep looking at the other forums with green eyed envy at the awesome speeds you guys are doing.
06/01/2011 at 14:59
Bugger...just gone to locker and no trainers . Right back to Wales...time for plan B.
06/01/2011 at 18:01

Awesome is 7 min miling Matt

I've fuelled on stollen tonight for club run

06/01/2011 at 19:22
Evenings ( except weekends ) fuelled by blackcurrent jam on toast usually x

Have I lost the plot ( probably ) or has the schedule changed? I can't find the original one ( which lead me to following you guys ) and this new one is even more daunting lol either way I'm going to have done far less milage this week than last week - and after reading a post saying I should already have been running over 30 miles a week before training even started I'm thinking I'm out of my depth!

Panic attack done - well done rest of you guys n gals x
61 to 80 of 1,134 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.