ASICS Super Six: Matthew (Sub-5:00)

Follow the progress of Mustkeeptrying, our sub-5:00 hopeful

1,001 to 1,020 of 1,134 messages
13/04/2011 at 09:09

Fab report MKT!!!

will post mine on here at some point this evening as off to london expo to meet up with some friends- but Trigger im leaving the creidt card at home!!

and oooooops i've entered brighton for next year sssssshhhhhh don#t tell my dodgy looking toenail!

13/04/2011 at 09:37

<a href="http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages.asp?dt=&UTN=157994&V=1&last=1&SP=#last" title="my race report on VLM surviors" target="_blank">my race report on VLM surviors</a> page 199

its a tad bit long

13/04/2011 at 10:07
I'll see you at Brighton next year then VikW - I've got a deferred entry
13/04/2011 at 11:08

Enjoy the expo guys and spend a bit trigger (i am the voice of the deveil on your shoulder lol)

Vik- i'll have a read of that later as getting ready half term at the moment and i am looking at the  mountain of books to mark  so your report later will be a nice break  

Went for a cycle this morning. Was going to do the 23 miles to work and set off but after a couple of miles the left knee was talking to me (like your dodgy looking toenail vik!) saying what the chuff are you up to now. Worried about making it on time to work if i was struggling so drove to work and did 8 miles around the city which was a nice start to the day.

I am going to go for a run tomorrow morning and i have been looking at any halfs coming up nearby to wales. During the training i got down to 2 hour 20 ish for a half and i think i am interested in trying to get this down further to begin with.

13/04/2011 at 11:30

Great report Vik! i so admire your determination and to keep on going, escecially after the hill and feeling like you want to curl up and go to sleep. I also like how you kept the focus at the later stage and re-evaluated and pushed again.

I forgot to take my pacing bands from the hotel and so was going on my watch and the womans voice on the runkeeper app. As soon as i had dropped below the target pace i took off the headphones and just started enjoying it, actually more. I still used my wach for pacing but then it stopped at 20 miles as it had run out of memory and then i gave up on concentrating on where i would be finishing up.

Maybe at some stage i will try and get motivated more by times....maybe i will get that by being able to continually jog around a half marathon and seeing where this gets me 2. I was at the very beginnig of the training, when it was going well and i was feeling good. I think i forget sometimes, or try to forget about illness and medication and that sadly it does have an effect on what i am able to do.

VIk you signing up for brighton again has inpsired me somewhat........I have just spent a few mins looking at the Athens marathon in november......i think the seed has been sown!

Edited: 13/04/2011 at 11:37
13/04/2011 at 11:33

I wonder if there is something in it about the length of time on your feet. For example i could have pushed it more for the final 6 miles. I did not as i was worried about how tight the itb band was getting and being able to make it to the plane ok with carrying the bags. It turned out to be a struggle anyway for the final couple of miles so if i had of pushed it then i would not have spent so long on my legs and therefore maybe not of encountered the problems due to this.

Does that make any sense? lol

seren nos    pirate
13/04/2011 at 11:57

Matt.......we do not do a half marathon any more but we do a couple of tough races.......that youmight find fun

may 15th the sirhowy challenge.......10 miles off road where you tackle the beast .about 1600 ft of climbing.........

In julythere is a 7 miler in an evening that is on raod but takes you around the route of the cwmbran forest drive..so roughly 3/4 miles up and then back down.....

and then in August we do a mile race....on road but one of the toughest miles on road you could ever do....

I enclose a link for the clubs website............for you to look.it would be great to see you at one of the events

islwyn running club

and don't do too much..LET YOUR BODY RECOVER AND REPAIR...... unlike me who broke her big toe playing hockey last night and so has to take an enforced rest for a few weeks.................including missing out on london on Sunday

13/04/2011 at 12:01

OMG Seren nos that's really bad news - you'll defer your place though?

Am going to pick up a couple of sets of pacing bands but am also toying with the idea of upgrading my Garmin from a 110 to a 210 - I'll see what offers there are at the Expo

seren nos    pirate
13/04/2011 at 12:04

yes trigger I can defer for next year and as my trip is all planned and paid for I will still travel up and support

just notsure about not training fora few weeks

13/04/2011 at 19:29
Oh seren sorry to read about your toe how'd it happen? Thanks for the info about the local races- I will check them out putting the kids to bed. Are you going to be able to cycle with the toe?
I have been looking for the brynbach race but can't find anything out about it for this year so I don't think it is going ahead- do you know anythng
13/04/2011 at 20:10
Trigger go for the upgrade you deserve it
13/04/2011 at 20:50
Oh no Seren that is serious bad luck although  you still have your shiny new pb to hopefully take your mind off it.....
14/04/2011 at 07:24
Seren those 3 races look great especially the last one up the hill....sounds like a right laugh and is struggle to do it but what the heck why not! Going to put the dates on the calendar....
seren nos    pirate
14/04/2011 at 07:36

I should know better than playing hockey.........I will stick to umpiring now

Matt they really are good rae.all three are hilly because that what our club seems to do.but great training .

and Flo Po..........yes i still have a big grin on my face.....but hopeing that next week or the week after I get the go ahead to cycle...........thats what I need to do more of.the running can be put on the back burner for a little while as its already in the tank

14/04/2011 at 09:01

Morning all!  Was really quite well behaved at the Expo - only bought one of the Runners World gift packs - very good value, 2 mags and a pair of Sweaty Betty socks which were worth well over price I paid for the bag and a whole heap of other goodies inside too and a fluorescent tshirt for when the nights draw in

Out shortly for 2 miles and then that's it until Sunday oooh er

Take care of that toe Seren and if you are spectating at London and see a 50 year old woman in a Bravo! shirt struggling give me a kick up the backside and send me on my way.  "Just one step......." lol I can't have that as my mantra!

seren nos    pirate
14/04/2011 at 09:05
I will probably be at the Runners world support station at mile 17.....until my toe gets too tired.......I will look out for you....I was singing that in my head on sunday again .............It does a brillliant job for me
14/04/2011 at 10:34

Just back 2.65 miles in the bag and, for the first time in my marathon running I've completed the training schedule from start to finish - bring on Sunday!

14/04/2011 at 10:58
Well done trigger and all the best for Sunday
14/04/2011 at 11:17
Good going trigger SundAY here you come!
14/04/2011 at 18:14
I am getting nervous for you all who are going for London on Sunday. Just try and relax now over the next few days and sleep well too. Time to start carb loading and drinking little and often. The weather forecast keeps on changing but between 15 and 18 was what I heard a few minute ago....

Goodish news for me today look like I will be coming down from my daily 60mg of steriods....Wooooooooohoooooooooooo....as consultant wants to try immunoglobluin treatment instead....moon face begone!

Going to see if I can get out for a run later for the first time since Sunday but I am looking forward to it!
1,001 to 1,020 of 1,134 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.