ASICS Super Six: Matthew (Sub-5:00)

Follow the progress of Mustkeeptrying, our sub-5:00 hopeful

1,041 to 1,060 of 1,134 messages
15/04/2011 at 13:42
Trigger sounds like a tv nightmare lol

Well it will have to be a yellow robin reliant costume for you then

7miles- would have been hilarious if you could have sorted out the asthma pump but people may of been tempted to press you on the way round

You are so going to do it sub 5! The trainings in the bag so Sunday is just a walk in the park (small print-walk in the park being 26.2 miles of the unknown events like having to scour bins for peoples abandoned water- which you can't train for unless you have been unfortunate enough to be homeless)
15/04/2011 at 13:50
Thanks Matt I can't believe Paris ran out of water! So bad at a major event like that. It's going to be 19 degrees sun by 2pm in London just seen on the news! 
15/04/2011 at 14:34
Edinburgh run out of water year before last and actually ended up closing the race  I learned from my first marathon not to run without water just in case
15/04/2011 at 14:35
19 degrees booooooo.....try and keep in the shade and drink little and often. I wore a bandana that I kept tipping water on and keep me cool but affected my street cred...oh wait no that went back in 1998 lol
15/04/2011 at 16:39
19 degrees is a tad warmer than I'd like but we'll see what happens on the day!
15/04/2011 at 18:17
I am beginning my Indian cloud dance right now...hmmanana....hmmanana
15/04/2011 at 19:26
Hi all

Just arrive cuz house after endurance 5hr(fate?) drive! It took 2hr to get to M25 the remainder to get to other side of the city!

Hello new people on the thread who doing London I will look for my number when we unpack.

But need the loo first......
15/04/2011 at 19:39
Glad u got there ok via the traffic jam of the m25. Remember to wash ur hands lol
15/04/2011 at 21:35
Lol disinfected my hands dont worry!

Carbo stage complete chicken with rice....nice!

Bib number is 24272.

cuz's little boy seems to think marathon is easy wants to join me!!!

15/04/2011 at 22:25
Sounds tasty buddy and carbo heaven! My kids keep saying they want to run a marathon with me too. Owen was looking at the Paris one today asking I'd he could win one as well. I said he could when he was old enough but then he replied that we could not both win the medal...awww did not have the heart to tell him that his dad did not quite win in paris..although if I'd have known at the very beginning that there was 50,000 euro at steak I may of tried lol
15/04/2011 at 23:05

Haha bandana, I wore those in hockey used to drive me crazy because they'd fall off my head all the time. I'll be wearing a white hat with very cool shades (so good for the street cred) but after 26 miles who bloody cares lol! I carry wet wipes with me to keep me cool, normally does the trick. I also bought some nunn active hydration tablets to put in the water they give out at London, which will hopefullly help too.

Last run went well today, the gym was completely empty so didn't get too hot, managed 40 minutes with hill and did some cross training.  That's it now! I went to a gig tonight to calm my nerves, was good not to think about the marathon for a few hours actually, espcially being in London, all the signs are up now saying "road closed, london marathon 2011" right outside my gym!

My little nephew (14 month old) will be with me on Sunday cheering me on. He is the reason I'm running the marathon, as he's an asthma sufferer. I just can't wait to cross the line and see his smiling face back at me! I'll probably end up giving him my medal to play with

Plan tomorrow is lots of little naps during the day (yes, like a baby) as I know I won't sleep during the night, and drinking plenty of water.

16/04/2011 at 07:49
Good luck everyone not been around as just moved house and waiting for phone and Internet. Well done VikW great report! Going to spectate tomorrow!
16/04/2011 at 11:24
I have now finished the Indian cloud dance after 15 hours and it seems to be working ...worth the sacrifice of no sleep (chortle ) ...but seems to of closed a section of the m1....Damn
16/04/2011 at 11:32
7 miles lovely you are doing it for your nephew and I am sure he will be proud of you and especially to play with your shiny medal...take it easy today
16/04/2011 at 11:59
There is a section of road in Milton Keynes that had a fire below it last year.  It is still closed to traffic!
16/04/2011 at 12:33
Thanks Matt. My legs feel quite tight today! So I am bit worried. Going to do some stretching later, hopefully that will help.
16/04/2011 at 14:17

Good luck everyone - dark clouds here in Norfffff London MKT so you may have had some effect after all!

Going off line shortly and won't be back on until AFTER!

Take care xxx

16/04/2011 at 14:36

Best of luck Trigger, might see you along the way! Weather update: light rain shower for 13:00!

16/04/2011 at 14:55
Must of shaken my booty too much! One more wiggle and I could have caused a hurricane lol

Trigger, Silburbas, 7 more miles, and everyone else all the best for tomorrow stay relaxed and have a great day.
I am going to take the kids to the cinema (to see Rio) and might not get back on tonight. I will be watching it in the morning and thinking of you all.

He paints his face half blue braveheart style in an attempt to inspire and puts saddle on the dog and then climbing on, to which the dog yelps...
The past 16 weeks has been about the journey to tomorw you have already done all the hard work. You are ready for it...it will be great....go for it!

(Then embarrassed himself further by getting his foot stuck in stirrup as he climbs off and picks up phone to book dog in to the vet lol)

really looking forward to hearing how it all goes....final thing when you are finding it tough...try a quick smile and a laugh...you never know might help.....good luck
16/04/2011 at 14:59
lol! cheers Matt - yeah i'm going to smile and think of the journey i've been through to get to where i am today my supporters are asking me last min questions on where to find me tomorrow even though i have posted a very detailed guide on my facebook about almost everything, I wish they would read it!
1,041 to 1,060 of 1,134 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.